403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Universities List

Hey y'all! So uh... I've decided to step up my game in getting out of this stupid country.
    As such, I'm going to attempt and enter a foreign university.
    I need help though.

I'd like if European, U.S., Australia and Canada citizens to list possible universities that take foreign students as well as offer one of the following bachelor's program:

- Pharmacy
    - Chemistry

Thanks! Really appreciate it ^_^

Edit: I'll be thanking every post and adding the suggested universities here for a quick look.
    Will answer every post individually later.
    Thanks all, you're the best!

Suggested Universities:

Australia:

- Griffith University
    Last edited by Ban; 02-12-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hey. Australia has plenty of universities that accept foreign students. I graduated in a science degree here recently and my major was in chemistry. Pharmacy is also an option at almost every major university. Take a look at Griffith University as it's a great campus and they pride themselves with accepting forging students to diversify their community.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to toomanyskins For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    It really depends what you're grades are looking like. There are TONS of schools in the United States that would accept foreign students. I can't think of any off the top of my head that specifically say that they won't accept foreign students. There are also TONS of schools in the US that offer those programs.

The biggest issue is figuring out how much you want to spend, your grades and the possibility of getting some sort of scholarship.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    120d 15h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Please come to Brazil, we have USP! Jokes aside, good luck hahaha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hikimaru For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-12-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    It really depends what you're grades are looking like. There are TONS of schools in the United States that would accept foreign students. I can't think of any off the top of my head that specifically say that they won't accept foreign students. There are also TONS of schools in the US that offer those programs.

The biggest issue is figuring out how much you want to spend, your grades and the possibility of getting some sort of scholarship.
    Definitely looking for a scholarship to aid me financially
    As for my grades, they are all 8+ except Chemistry but I've got a good reason for that, if I have to take an admission test, I'll do well on Chemistry.
    Does that info help? xD

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikimaru View Post
    Please come to Brazil, we have USP! Jokes aside, good luck hahaha
    I could've gone to USP but chose not to xD
    Not worth it occupying someone else's place if I'm going to leave anyways c:

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyskins View Post
    Hey. Australia has plenty of universities that accept foreign students. I graduated in a science degree here recently and my major was in chemistry. Pharmacy is also an option at almost every major university. Take a look at Griffith University as it's a great campus and they pride themselves with accepting forging students to diversify their community.
    Oh, that's great to know. Will definitely be checking it, thanks!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    try looking into idaho state university in the US.
    they offer multiple programs for both subjects and tons of scholarships for students studying from foreign countries.
    i went there for a few months and the campus is lovely as well as the dorms. the city is not too big, so you'd be able to find your way around easily to the store, gas station, etc.
    they assign counselors to you to help you keep up with your grades, free tutoring, help with applying for scholarships, etc. pretty nice.

edit // would also like to note that ISU accepts pretty much anyone cx despite this, their programs are superb and classes are top notch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ban View Post
    Definitely looking for a scholarship to aid me financially
    As for my grades, they are all 8+ except Chemistry but I've got a good reason for that, if I have to take an admission test, I'll do well on Chemistry.
    Does that info help? xD
    Hmm, I'm not sure how 8+ translates to the GPA system that is common in the US. What is 8+ out of?

Most places in the US operate off of a 4.0 scale.

A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1

As long as you have got the equivalent of mostly As and Bs you should be pretty good. I feel like most universities would be pretty happy to take foreign students simply because of diversity and things like that. So as long as your grades are looking good, you should be able to find lots of options. I'm not sure how financial aid would play into things as every school is different. That's something you'd have to explore a bit.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure how 8+ translates to the GPA system that is common in the US. What is 8+ out of?

Most places in the US operate off of a 4.0 scale.

A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1

As long as you have got the equivalent of mostly As and Bs you should be pretty good. I feel like most universities would be pretty happy to take foreign students simply because of diversity and things like that. So as long as your grades are looking good, you should be able to find lots of options. I'm not sure how financial aid would play into things as every school is different. That's something you'd have to explore a bit.
    8 out of 10, 80%
    And gotcha, thanks <3

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buns View Post
    try looking into idaho state university in the US.
    they offer multiple programs for both subjects and tons of scholarships for students studying from foreign countries.
    i went there for a few months and the campus is lovely as well as the dorms. the city is not too big, so you'd be able to find your way around easily to the store, gas station, etc.
    they assign counselors to you to help you keep up with your grades, free tutoring, help with applying for scholarships, etc. pretty nice.

edit // would also like to note that ISU accepts pretty much anyone cx despite this, their programs are superb and classes are top notch.
    Will def take a look at that, thanks too <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ban View Post
    8 out of 10, 80%
    And gotcha, thanks <3

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Will def take a look at that, thanks too <3
    80% would get you in the the D-HD range (distinction - high distinction) if those are your overall grades you would have no problem getting in. As for scholarships that would be something you would have to look into as an international student. I have info on scholarships for local students just not international

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyskins View Post
    80% would get you in the the D-HD range (distinction - high distinction) if those are your overall grades you would have no problem getting in. As for scholarships that would be something you would have to look into as an international student. I have info on scholarships for local students just not international
    I took a look at Griffith, says the only basic req for Pharmacy is 575 (or around that) on TOEFL ITP or 90 on TOEFL iBT.
    I did ITP and got 633 out of 670. I'll do iBT and expect to go just as well or better.
    As for Bachelor in Sciences, more specifically Chemistry you need 585 on ITP (again not a problem) or 92 on iBT (not a problem) as well as good High School grades (which I've got) or one year in college where I live (which I'll have completed since I can only apply and it will start Jan 18' it seems).

Either way, my overall score in HS was 84%, I just calculated
    And only one "C", the rest are all Bs and As with a 100%/4 in Maths c: