Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Question Best Desktop for playing ARK?

I've been dying to play ARK (and The Isle) ever since it came out, and actually have it on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) already. It, of course, can't play at all on this laptop, so I've been wanting to get a desktop model that can.

I do have a 1080p monitor already, but really am having trouble figuring out what I can use for the computer part. I've seen a lot of builds and recommended parts for various gaming builds, but I don't know how to connect those to whatever ARK needs to be able to run properly.

I don't plan on running it in ultra-HD or anything, but I do want the gameplay to run smoothly and be responsive to commands.

A few more details I think are worth mentioning:

I have no experience in building a PC. I want to learn, but I do not really trust my abilities to assemble something expensive on my own without anyone to stop me doing from something dumb with thermal paste. I'm really not going to know what to do with a big list of specs and parts.

The average spring/summer/early fall temperatures for me are 85F/29C on the low end (in winter it drops to a freezing 70F/21C for all of a month ), I know extra fans are going to be necessary if not obligatory. Those I can probably attach with no trouble so long as no soldering is required. But if there's a case model with large vent holes someone can suggest, that would probably be best, since I'm well-versed in creative desktop fan uses.

I would really prefer it if someone can suggest a ready out of the box computer that only needs minimal hardware upgrades. Like I said, assembling whole electronics is something I'm not that good at yet. I can do little things like upgrade ram and change a HD, and maybe if all the pieces came together as a kit, and there's a visual guide I could manage it (iFixit is a blessing), but I don't know how good the odds are for that.

I don't know what else is needed to know about my location (ISP is a WISP, for example?) and skill set but, please help?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 4h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    oooooooooh I've got about 2k hours in ark lol. I've seen people play with worse cards (albeit on super low settings) but you'll want atleast a gtx 1060/970 to play with a good experience. I have a gtx 1080 and i can barely max out settings (granted i'm playing at 2k resolution.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RGBKittens For This Useful Post:

PabstBlueRibbon (11-01-2017)