Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Python - Searching SDB for specific item.

  1. #1



    |2eap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    3,445
    Thanks
    2,397
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,354 Posts


    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Time Online
    109 d 12 h 28 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 36 m
    Rep Power
    12
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: D4NGL

    Python - Searching SDB for specific item.

    So i've been tinkering around for awhile with some code and I can't seem to figure it out.

    I've tried this


    And i've tried as a get



    I am successfully authorized on Neopets and logged in. It keep returning "Not finding any items matching your criteria" When it is in-fact in the SDB.

    Furthermore, I've tried c/p the url exactly when doing a get and i still get "Not finding any items matching your criteria".

    I've tested another users code using a different login method and mechanizing the browser and it seems to work following the paths/controllers.

    What am I missing?

    What is weird is, if I remove the check and just run the code straight through, it will remove the item IF it is in the SDB. if it is not in the SDB. it will still attempt to and say it has successfully done so even when it hasn't. The only time it prints error removing item is if there is a faulty pin.

    Thanks lads, contact me here or skype(preferably) if you got me.

  2. #2
    Black on Black
    Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 92 Times in 52 Posts


    Downloads
    22
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 d 12 h 47 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Tum de dum
    Last edited by Vegeta; 01-31-2017 at 12:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Little Brother


    Zachafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks
    723
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 650 Posts


    Downloads
    81
    Uploads
    17
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 16 h 43 m
    Avg. Time Online
    16 m
    Rep Power
    14
    @|2eap
    You set the encodedItem variable but is not used in the rest of the code.
    Debug the values of pos1, pos2, pos3, html[pos2:pos3], and html (after the final acc.post call) , and the problem should become obvious

    Not sure what class you are using for web connections, but I know that some home-made solutions have problems with POSTing when a ? is in the URL.
    Last edited by Zachafer; 01-26-2017 at 01:34 PM.

  4. #4



    |2eap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    3,445
    Thanks
    2,397
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,354 Posts


    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Time Online
    109 d 12 h 28 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 36 m
    Rep Power
    12
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: D4NGL
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    @|2eap
    You set the encodedItem variable but is not used in the rest of the code.
    Debug the values of pos1, pos2, pos3, html[pos2:pos3], and html (after the final acc.post call) , and the problem should become obvious

    Not sure what class you are using for web connections, but I know that some home-made solutions have problems with POSTing when a ? is in the URL.
    The variable encodedItem in the first code snippet was just there from trying as a get in example two. I should have taken it out or commented it out but it's not needed in the post request.


    And the second post request still removes the item from SDB. its the initial request for searching the specific item that returns the item is not in SDB. I've tried it as a get and post but it returns the same thing.

    This is where it's happening.

    url = "http://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml"
    postdata = {}
    postdata['obj_name'] = item
    postdata['category'] = 0
    html = acc.post(url, postdata)
    print html

    or

    encodedItem = item.lower().replace(" ", "+").strip()
    url = "http://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml?obj_name=" + encodedItem + "&category=0"

    html = acc.get(url)
    print html

    I'm logging in with a edited working variation of neoaccount.py. But basically the same build

  5. #5
    if: elif: else:




    Daviid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,816
    Thanks
    1,487
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 773 Posts


    Downloads
    212
    Uploads
    22
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Time Online
    87 d 22 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 8 m
    Rep Power
    14
    From my kad feeder:

    @|2eap I can send you my SDB remover if you want. I think I updated it not long ago but forgot to upload here.

    Edit:
    The code it's copied&pasted from another program and I just noticed that if you want to remove the item "Mau Codestone" and you have 10 it'll remove all of them.
    Last edited by Daviid; 01-27-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

    |2eap (02-01-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •