DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Lmao my brother got one of those headsets for Christmas. Apparently it's pretty cool; I haven't used it.
    i love luna

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

importado23 (01-18-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    From Wikipedia
    Requirements
    Understanding of the nervous system
    A comprehensive understanding of which nerve impulses correspond to which sensations, and which motor impulses correspond to which muscle contractions will be required. This will allow the correct sensations in the user, and actions in the virtual reality to occur. The Blue Brain Project is the current, most promising research with the idea of understanding how the brain works by building very large scale computer models.

Ability to manipulate CNS
    The nervous system would obviously need to be manipulated. Whilst non-invasive devices using radiation have been postulated, invasive cybernetic implants are likely to become available sooner and be more accurate. Manipulation could occur at any stage of the nervous system – the spinal cord is likely to be simplest; as all nerves pass through here, this could be the only site of manipulation. Molecular Nanotechnology is likely to provide the degree of precision required and could allow the implant to be built inside the body rather than be inserted by an operation.

Computer hardware/software to process inputs/outputs
    A very powerful computer would be necessary for processing virtual reality complex enough to be nearly indistinguishable from consensus reality and interacting with central nervous system fast enough.
    So yeah, If it becomes posible it'll be only to people with a lot of money, around 2050 (year up, year down).

Edit:

BTW Neuro Linker >>>> NerveGear

Last edited by Daviid; 01-19-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    In the anime it was only people who pre ordered it or something right? Makes sense for it to be only rich people

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lagrima For This Useful Post:

importado23 (01-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    but yeah, we don't even completely understand how our brain works.. so I think it'll still be a little while lol
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    let me dream

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    VR are pretty cool. I have only tried one that works with a Samsung phone so it was pretty pixelated and lacking. But I was in a shark cage with great whites and tuna swimming around. Pretty cool pretty cool.

We will one day have VR everything though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

importado23 (01-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    We are incredibly close as is.
    Its just not in your head and thus you will lack taste, smell and touch in senses form which luckily also means no pain.

Anyway what we see before the bad things start is a clunky mess of menus you can touch to use your inventory, you otherwise use your hands and legs to travel but lying down rather than current physical activity.
    Which... Honestly isn't that appealing

For a long time characters also complained about tasteless food and who needs to smell enemies anyway? So we just really need touch

Pretending you can let it go the omni and the rift with touch combined give a beautiful close enough answer that just sits around waiting for someone to develop a mmorpg

Its rather surreal when you try chat based vr programs like rec room and you actually talk to people.

Sadly I don't have an omni and teleporting isn't good enough but say this type of walking solution becomes easy accessible and interface in general becomes smoother I can 100% see a sao clone happening.

I do wonder what will it take to fool your mind into sensing real touch, on a lacking version where only your hands can feel.

That and in the future removing the controllers in favour of hand movement detection which is possible although too expensive as it stands, I am very optimistic.

VR is great.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    From Wikipedia

Ability to manipulate CNS
    The nervous system would obviously need to be manipulated. Whilst non-invasive devices using radiation have been postulated, invasive cybernetic implants are likely to become available sooner and be more accurate. Manipulation could occur at any stage of the nervous system – the spinal cord is likely to be simplest; as all nerves pass through here, this could be the only site of manipulation. Molecular Nanotechnology is likely to provide the degree of precision required and could allow the implant to be built inside the body rather than be inserted by an operation.
    Wouldn't that be...kiinda dangerous if anything messes up/abuses happen, thooo? D:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms M. View Post
    Wouldn't that be...kiinda dangerous if anything messes up/abuses happen, thooo? D:
    Like everything.
    I assume it would be extensively tested before using it on humans.