32/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    56d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by PabstBlueRibbon View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Teacup poms are slightly more trouble than they're worth (which can be quite a lot), they have health issues in their eyes and legs, I've haven't seen in the traditional or original sized poms. Teacups are under 5 pounds, while traditionals can be up to 8, originals (Victorian) poms can be from 12-25 pounds. Too bad you can't keep one where you are, they're great dogs and loaded with personality... sometimes too much personality.

I'd never heard of Fablehaven, thanks for recommending it! It sounds pretty interesting so far (reading the wikipedia page). If one of the authors you added to your reading list was Czerneda, she got famous for A Thousand Words for Stranger, but the trilogy I really preferred was Species Imperative. So I'd say start with that one and see if you like her writing style first. Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards series is a series I really recommend for the worldbuilding and character chemistry and not a lot of people seem to know about it. The first book (The Lies of Locke Lamora) is sorta rough and a little hamfisted, but the author got much better in the second (Red Seas Under Red Skies) and third books (The Republic of Thieves).

But nah, if you want to know what particular books I like from any of the authors I mentioned feel free to ask. I like talking about my books.
    I'll own a Pomeranian one day, when I live by myself or when my mom says yes

Just looked for species imperative, and wow! It sounds so cool! Will definitely read that series first~
    I'll have to leave some of the books you mentioned on standby until March though, but I will def read them!

Have some more I can recommend, if you read Spanish (dunno why I have a feeling you speak Spanish) the ones I liked a lot are Laura Gallego's Memorias de Idh�n and La Emperatriz de los et�reos. Also The selection series was good, from Kiera Cass.

I get why it was hard for you, with so many interest my question was really hard. The same as when someone makes you choose between your favorite food.

Sent from my world domination device

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Welcome Pabst! I have no doubt that you'll love it here! The Mods are awesome; active, selfless, and informative.

Basically, cK is the best forum, none others come close =)

If you need anything, I'd be more than willing to help. Actually, what makes cK so awesome is the network of people that go above and beyond to look out for users, and so we do the same. We's a Fam!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Welcome to cK!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links) LOL, that's me and canned tuna fish to a T. I like tuna in sushi or seared, but canned tuna? Nope. Never. My parents just thought I was unreasonably disagreeable about tuna salad for years until one day when my mother had opened a can, I didn't know she'd opened a can and then went stomping around pissed because I'd thought one of the dogs had hidden a fresh poop somewhere and I couldn't find it to clean it up. And then we all found out how the smell of canned tuna fish registers to me.

A durian would probably be that x1000. I still want to try one, but I know it's probably never going to really happen as soon as I smell one.

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) Thank you!

@(you need an account to see links) I agree. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of everything I read, but I did read it because it was interesting. I have that book on Papermaking and it was interesting, but then after I was done I filed it away. What movie have you watched recently that you like or would recommend?

@(you need an account to see links) You're going to enjoy one when you get one. Thank you for the recommendation! English is my first language. Pero gracias por notar la segunda!

@(you need an account to see links) *nods* Yeah I've already met a few outside of this thread and they are really nice people overall. I mean, just having a couple show up in this little nothing thread was a huge surprise. (But a very pleasant surprise.) Honestly, I also really like laid back this forum is, it seems to have a lot of people, but doesn't have constant chatter everywhere. It's nice.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    hi there! it's super nice to meet you! c:
    i'll be glad to see you around ck.

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 21h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Hi Pabst! Welcome! You will love it here. The mods are amazing and there is always someone around here if you need any help.
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.