Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Does money change people? What if you won 100 Million dollars?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Things I would do if I hit the Powerball:

-Drop out of medical school, by 100 acres out west, fence it in, and start a sanctuary for stray dogs and cats.
    -Build the dopest PC and battle station you've ever seen.
    -Mountain bike, rock climb, and ski to my heart's content.
    -Buy a Sprinter van and build it out for spontaneous outdoor adventures.
    -Adopt six more huskies (I have two now) and take up dog sledding.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I would help change other people's lives. I always think about how much good people with staggering amounts could help those in need. I would make my family's money worries disappear and invest a lot of it to keep money coming in. I would love to travel and that would probably account for most of the money spent on myself.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    145/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I would invest everything so I wouldn't need to work to survive.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    people are gonna hate this but i was introduced to the finance/retirement investor who manages my parents money and their major expenses (car/insurance/mortgage) and the only thing thats got me down is that I dont have a significant income enough to float on the investment account handed off to me and before-mentioned investor. paranoid as heck i will end up in the emergency room one day and thatll be the end of having any sort of money for the rest of eternity, and even signed up for medicaid because i technically qualified, having no/low income. i actually paid off my student loan with all the work i did at my first salary position, so the only thing on my mind really is having health insurance thats the same quality as the one i had with my parents before i lost dependent status, so that i can actually visit a doctor who will catch whatever cancer im gonna stealthily develop in 15-30 years.

so basically, 99-100 million goes into the investment account and appropriate taxes/expenses, and i'll be taking out whatever i need to stay insured and get into a habit of good health while continuing to eat the same brands of ramen ive ever known. mortgage is going to eventually fall on me due to parents age and i would like the growth to go into paying it off and staying on top of bills and maintenance. that amount of money in low-risk investment strategy sounds like its regular return would never be insufficient for the type of day-to-day costs i and my parents incur. financial security overkill serves only to sate my paranoia.

sorry, i guess the short answer is i dont know how or on what to splurge, so into the diversified portfolio it goes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Of course, having a 100 Million is wonderful.
    However, 100 Million is still an amount, which means it will be finished somehow in one day.
    So for me I'll use some of it like maybe 10% to enjoy life, 20% to contribute to the community, and the rest 70% to invest on something else.
    Use money to make money, that's the new trend of making money nowadays

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    158 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It depends on how conservative/frugle you are. Lottery winners have gone broke after going on a spending spree of anything and everything luxurious and expensive. If I won 100mil, it be divided into different accounts (1 for living off interest, charities, house, college funds for kids, making sure my family was taken care of).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    92d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I do believe having so much money changes a person. I'd get weary of who are my friends for instance. My closest friends and family would probably be helped out a lot though, make sure they're comfortable for the rest of their lives. I'd donate a lot to shelters and other funds, and of course, buy myself some things I always wanted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Of course it would change me. I would be actually able to buy an assassination. Isn't that so interesting?
    Honestly, I'd probably use half on myself and my close family, and invest the other half. Then when the other half grows, I'd donate that to charitable organizations.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 1h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do believe that money makes people change. But it's on them what they become. I would be really happy though, no more worries for the future.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm fairly confident that if I ended up with 100 million I would just buy a bunch of land, pay for fiber to a property I built out on it and start raising a bunch of animals. Something out of the way and comfy.