Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does money change people? What if you won 100 Million dollars?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Buy the country of Vietnam.
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    If I won that kind of money I would set my parents up for life.

I'd prolly have to hire someone so I don't make bad investments. I'd move to a place where it was warm all the time but had awesome internet lol. I'd want to be near the ocean. I'd want my house to be semi-isolated but be close enough to the city that I can get to help or food if needed.

I'd travel the world and visit the different places I've read about in books. I've been to the different cemeteries in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I'd want to visit the places that inspired the works of Jane Austen, Piers Anthony, Stephen King, some of the other Anne Rice books, Marion Zimmer Bradley, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If I won any money relatively close to that amount..
    I'd help donate to MitoAction and help my parents with their mortgage.

But the rest, I'd probably just leave in the bank to continue to grow. If I've learned anything from Neopets, it's that interest is a nice little bonus haha.

If I did choose to spend more, I'd want to start an organization of my own for those that are wheelchair bound. Help make regulations for establishments to cater more to those disabled. (as an example: have tables at a certain height so the wheelchair arms can comfortably fit underneath the table, and you can sit close enough to eat without being a foot away. Not like it's from personal experience or anything.. )

Overall, I'd just go out of my way to make life as comfortable as can be - but for others that are also disabled. I have such a wonderful life being able to enjoy Disneyland as often as I do, so I'd just want to ensure others of their quality of life.
    Bummerland, give a cheer -- 'Cause we're only going up from here!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    It would change my life but it would probably go very fast- I am a really giving person and I kind of know thats the reason I am poor. Although 100mil doller is why why more in rand so I could probably invest enough to have a income each month so I dont have to worry then I can help all these people that want my photographer services for free. Something I really cant do since I need food to survive.

What I will do is pay of my parents debt
    My sisters studies - and buy her a house and a car (they hire a house and her car is falling a part)
    Build myself a studio (photographic - buy my parents a house - I like living with them - I will pay them rent)
    Buy my one friend new camera gear
    Actualy this is gone be a long list... let me just stop here there are at least 100 people in my life that really need something

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm one of those pragmatic bank interest seeking types, so I'd live off the interest for the most part.
    Aside from that, I'd pay off my mortgage and my mother's, and open a drama school. I'd love to be able to offer after-school drama programs for young people, and to establish a musical theatre group for adults. I could spend most of my time with Eevee, and give her the opportunity to grow up with the performing arts as part of her every-day life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    ^I am a bank interest person too. I can live off of a relatively common income of 50k/year. So if I could get interest money towards that sort of income I would feel comfortable. The rest just sits there until I find something new to buy. I would never ever have huge chunks of change on hand though, no "under the mattress" situations lol.

And not going to lie I would go straight for a Swiss or Cayman Islands bank account. No bs fees or tracking. My mula not yours guberment.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    It would definitely help make me happy but not the ultimate source. It would be nice to help my parents out so they're not constantly stressed out by bills.

I would also build a castle with a moat because why not.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Money helps a lot but it doesn't bring happiness, I mean, look at all those millionaire superstars that have committed suicide... if anything probably it makes you feel more alone since it might be hard to know who's with you for interest and who really cares about you as a person. I mean, who doesn't want tons of money right? But I rather live a normal life, with a regular income and luxuries but with people that really care about me, than being a lonely millionaire.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    I'd pay off my mother's debt, pay for my little brother's school for the rest of his life, spoil my bunny rotten and never work a day in my life.
    But I'd never buy a bigger house, or a better car, or 1000 cute guys dressed as neko butlers. I like living a simple life, caring for my husband and buying stupid shit on the internet like UCs not leaving the house, getting this much monies would ease the burden put on his shoulders, and maybe he'd be able to sleep for more than 4 hours a night.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Money helps, but it can't buy complete happiness. However, it can make life infinitely easier... which can lend itself to living a happier life. For example, while I was working my way through college... I could barely afford rent and groceries. Money was something that I worried/stressed over on a daily basis. Now that I'm working, I'm making enough money to easily afford my bills - I'm not rich, far from it, but just having enough money that I feel secure affording basic necessities has made life infinitely easier and much more enjoyable. Having more money would allow me to work less and travel more, so I definitely think that it has the potential to make life better for me... would it be the end-all be-all of happiness? No.