Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Does money change people? What if you won 100 Million dollars?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbalouie View Post
    and then I'd fuck off and be a gypsy for the rest of my life.
    Hahaha~ That's exactly what I would do. Help out the people I care about, and then just disappear off the face of the earth and live a carefree life forever and ever.

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I would invest part of it to start a new company of some sort. Then I would pass that company down to my children so they would be rich too.

Obvious things like buy my parents and myself mansions, buy every UC neopet I want, buy all the collectibles and games I want, buy lots of designer clothes/accessories, get beauty makeovers, go on very fancy vacations, and make sure the people who I dislike see all of this clearly. I would have a nice house in a wealthy neighborhood with nice weather. The house would have a personal park, huge swimming pool, personal garden, and be built like a palace. I'd spend a year or two doing nothing and just going on vacations before I start a company. I would sit as a CEO in that company's headquarters all day thinking of how to make even more money. Through my company I would donate to charities to keep a good image. I'd say that I'm still the same person even if I get $100 million: logical and ambitious. There's always more that I can have and I don't want to just sit there and do nothing for the rest of my life.

Right now my goal is to finish my degree, get a job fast, get as much raises in that job as possible

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    242d 13h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    it's an ideal plan that the money is used to grow more money. but i guess, money is the root of all evil. it will change you in ways you would never expect yourself to be changed.
    there are countless of stories where lottery winners go bankrupt months after they have won. but of course, this is not applicable to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Yumemi View Post
    There's always more that I can have and I don't want to just sit there and do nothing for the rest of my life.

Right now my goal is to finish my degree, get a job fast, get as much raises in that job as possible
    i hope you can still say that after a few years at work! after my degree and a couple of years at work, i can feel the passion being sucked out of me. lol!

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by xmilo View Post
    it's an ideal plan that the money is used to grow more money. but i guess, money is the root of all evil. it will change you in ways you would never expect yourself to be changed.
    there are countless of stories where lottery winners go bankrupt months after they have won. but of course, this is not applicable to everybody!

i hope you can still say that after a few years at work! after my degree and a couple of years at work, i can feel the passion being sucked out of me. lol!
    I'm always ambitious. My program at school nearly destroyed me and seriously gave me a lot of sleepless nights so I've been through the worst already.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    $5 changes me I go from Dasani to I'll take the sparkling San Pelligrino darling

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'd invest in companies to see if I could get even more money

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    6d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I do think it will change me, but not necessarily in a bad way I think. First thing I would do is traveling, especially because this is my last year of school so I could easily take a year off.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    100 million dollars is actually an insane amount of money. My list would be:

- college that isn't already paid for (10k max, tbh)
    - quaint house (300k-500k, depending on where in the country)
    - three cars (new truck for bf - 35k, 4 door fiat for me - 30k, little sporty car tbd - 50k max)

at this point, I'm not even down a million dollars yet. I don't want for much. Even buying off all of my families needs, I'd still be at 90 million in the bank. Even with only 1 percent interest, I could easily live off of that for the rest of my life.
    I don't think that money would change me itself, but if I attract those fake friends type despite living frugally, it may affect my mental health.
    -

you have bugs in your code? sounds yummy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm not sure if money actually changes people or just allows them to be the person they've always wanted to be. I know for a fact that if i had that much money i'd still probably work until my boss could find a replacement for me then buy into the buisness as i've worked there for 12 years and would still like to be a part of it. Other then that chances are i'd buy a house and probably just do the things i do with my days off normally except i'd work out more often, smoke nicer cigars and drink more whiskey?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel that people will always change with a sum of money presented to them, for the better where they would donate it or for the worse where they get defensive off it and refuse to create relations with anyone of the fear that they're in it for the money only.