33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Questions about websites and traffick

So I'm about to get my first website done, and was thinking about buying traffic. It's like I can buy 100000 and it works like this : when a user goes on a website then my website will come up as a pop up. It's full page. But i was told that if users go onto my website and then leave immediately then that is bad for my so called google ranking. But I also consider this as a cheap way to advertise my website. Anybody got any clue on how the rankings work in the google search bar or how trafficking can affect your website?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    High bounce rate can have a negative effect, IMO. Nobody truly knows how Google works bit there are certain best practices that it's advisable to follow.

I don't think buying traffic would be advisable as you could be penalised. I'd try and stick to organic SEO methods if I were you...content is king these days. Keep your site updated with fresh, quality content that people will want to share and link to. Reach out to blogs, magazines, websites etc. that are in a related category and offer to write guest posts for them (with embedded link to your site). Avoid spamming your keywords in your content, gone are the days where you can keyword stuff articles and jump up the rankings!

Posting from my phone so sorry for bad grammar and any auto-correct!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Chickenator (06-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    High bounce rate can have a negative effect, IMO. Nobody truly knows how Google works bit there are certain best practices that it's advisable to follow.

I don't think buying traffic would be advisable as you could be penalised. I'd try and stick to organic SEO methods if I were you...content is king these days. Keep your site updated with fresh, quality content that people will want to share and link to. Reach out to blogs, magazines, websites etc. that are in a related category and offer to write guest posts for them (with embedded link to your site). Avoid spamming your keywords in your content, gone are the days where you can keyword stuff articles and jump up the rankings!

Posting from my phone so sorry for bad grammar and any auto-correct!
    Thank you very much for the advice, i understand what to do. Im getting this webshop done soon. And im gonna try to contact some websites. Adwords are good too correcT?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Adwords can be good, yeah In my experience running ads can be as profitable as being in the top few spots on Google - with a decent ad and a good landing page.

One thing that happens with Adwords sometimes though is click fraud, where competitors purposely click just to use up your budget.

A good way to make your money go further is to target times that others don't seem to be targeting as competitively, your cost per click or number of clicks can vary greatly. For one of our sites, for example, we run our ads overnight as we can still make sales that way, when other peoples offices have closed so they can't.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Adwords can be good, yeah In my experience running ads can be as profitable as being in the top few spots on Google - with a decent ad and a good landing page.

One thing that happens with Adwords sometimes though is click fraud, where competitors purposely click just to use up your budget.

A good way to make your money go further is to target times that others don't seem to be targeting as competitively, your cost per click or number of clicks can vary greatly. For one of our sites, for example, we run our ads overnight as we can still make sales that way, when other peoples offices have closed so they can't.
    but dont you make less cause at night the majority is asleep?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Yeah but you only pay for the custom you get with adwords, so you only pay if someone clicks through to your site. So although it's less traffic, it's cheaper traffic