9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Music similar to Crystal Castles

I fell in love with Crystal Castles a few years ago and have been listening to them quite a bit lately. They have a new album out called Amnesty (I) but the old singer left the band (Alice Glass) before this new album and I don't like it as much.

I used to think they just had a very unique sound and for some reason it never occurred to me that there was an entire genre of music out there that sounded similar. The other day I randomly listened to some song that claimed to be "witch house" and Youtube autoplay kept playing more witch house songs afterwards and I ended up discovering a ton of bands/songs with a similar sound! <3 <3 <3
    I think the one band that stands out the most to me right now is Crim3s. But to be honest I don't remember most of the bands because they all have really crazy stylized names that I find hard to remember.

Anyways: anyone else in love with Crystal Castles and/or know about some good bands that sound similar?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by _Izual View Post
    I fell in love with Crystal Castles a few years ago and have been listening to them quite a bit lately. They have a new album out called Amnesty (I) but the old singer left the band (Alice Glass) before this new album and I don't like it as much.

I used to think they just had a very unique sound and for some reason it never occurred to me that there was an entire genre of music out there that sounded similar. The other day I randomly listened to some song that claimed to be "witch house" and Youtube autoplay kept playing more witch house songs afterwards and I ended up discovering a ton of bands/songs with a similar sound! <3 <3 <3
    I think the one band that stands out the most to me right now is Crim3s. But to be honest I don't remember most of the bands because they all have really crazy stylized names that I find hard to remember.

Anyways: anyone else in love with Crystal Castles and/or know about some good bands that sound similar?

in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, Vanished is one of my favs. I like it all, tbh.

I really like Celestica:

Sad Eyes is another fav of mine:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    witch house music maybe?

ylhcsd is a good similar sound too i feel

you might also enjoy clarence clarity

it sort of depends which era of cc you want in particular, i think their self titled is majorly different from their recent stuff

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    it sort of depends which era of cc you want in particular, i think their self titled is majorly different from their recent stuff
    Thanks for those great recommendations! I hadn't heard any of them before

I like CC's self-titled album. All of their first three albums, actually. Their fourth album has a different singer and isn't nearly as good in my opinion. I only like one song from it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Have you tried using (you need an account to see links)? I've used it before and found some bands I didn't know of through it's recommendations.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sleigh Bells comes to mind?

Userbars