2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Lightbulb Do you have any allergies?

Brought up because my milk allergy has gotten more severe and I've had to stop drinking it entirely ;__; good thing I love soymilk.

Do you guys have any allergies? I'm also highly allergic to bug spray (like... mosquito repellent meant for skin, not roach killer lmao) and break out terribly if any of it comes in contact with my skin, even just a few drops.

Tell me about yours so I feel better about no more milk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Milk allergy or lactose intolerance? My bf has developed over the past 3 years or so an intolerance that I hate more than him lol. No hives, rashes, or anaphylaxis allergy thank goodness.

Myself I am developing an allergy to certain pollens. Which I will gladly take because I would be so so upset if I had a food allergy. I am a big time foodie so that would not go well lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I am allergic to everything especially perfumes and extreme weather changing because i have rhinitis, Is hard because sometimes i have to breathe through the mouth

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I am allergic to penicillin. Found that out the hard way as a kid. Broke out into a fever and hives after taking some. No other allergies that I know of but I do have a constant nasal drip.

Its pretty gross because all day I constantly have to cough to clear my throat of mucus. At least people think I am sneezing when I cough instead of hacking up a gob of phlegm ugh. Mornings are the worst because there will be a dried piece stuck to the back of my throat till I can clear it out. You really wanted to know all of this didn't you? Doc put me on some antihistamine but so far hasn't helped.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I have allergy to some metals so I rarely use any jewelry or accessories that would directly touch my skin, unless I know it's all gold or silver and even like this I would only wear on special occasions. I can wear wood and leather accessories though. When I used to buy cheap rings or necklaces, my skin would turn red, sweat on the area and get sore with little transparent pimples filled liquid. Not nice

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I have allergy to some metals so I rarely use any jewelry or accessories that would directly touch my skin, unless I know it's all gold or silver and even like this I would only wear on special occasions. I can wear wood and leather accessories though. When I used to buy cheap rings or necklaces, my skin would turn red, sweat on the area and get sore with little transparent pimples filled liquid. Not nice
    I totally spaced this, yes I have the same allergy too. One time I had to get staples to close a cut and I forgot to tell the people in the emergency room that I was allergic to the metal so the area around where the staples were got all red and inflamed while I waited for the wound to heal. I just toughed it out and made sure to keep the area sanitized and moist with neosporin. Once when I was a kid I had my ear swell and close around an earring. Gold and silver also seem to give my skin a reaction too. Also the back button on jeans gives me a rash on my belly

So it is plastic, wood, rocks, and leather jewelry for me. They make really nice jewelry out of polished rocks and out of glass and beads. I've never tried platinum or titanium jewelry so I have no idea if those metals would cause me to react. Do you avoid deodorant with aluminum in it as well? I don't seem to get a reaction from it but when I did switch deodorants my underarms did lighten.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    I totally spaced this, yes I have the same allergy too. One time I had to get staples to close a cut and I forgot to tell the people in the emergency room that I was allergic to the metal so the area around where the staples were got all red and inflamed while I waited for the wound to heal. I just toughed it out and made sure to keep the area sanitized and moist with neosporin. Once when I was a kid I had my ear swell and close around an earring. Gold and silver also seem to give my skin a reaction too. Also the back button on jeans gives me a rash on my belly

So it is plastic, wood, rocks, and leather jewelry for me. They make really nice jewelry out of polished rocks and out of glass and beads. I've never tried platinum or titanium jewelry so I have no idea if those metals would cause me to react. Do you avoid deodorant with aluminum in it as well? I don't seem to get a reaction from it but when I did switch deodorants my underarms did lighten.
    @(you need an account to see links)

It is the nickel in the jewelery. Or belt buckles. Or buttons on pants. My bf's sister has the same thing.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Milk allergy or lactose intolerance? My bf has developed over the past 3 years or so an intolerance that I hate more than him lol. No hives, rashes, or anaphylaxis allergy thank goodness.
    Both! It mostly messes up my stomach (real bad) but I have gotten a rash in the past from drinking it :'( Which is a shame because I LOVE milk! Cheese usually doesn't bother me but yogurt and ice cream hurt my stomach

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Allergic to chlorine, grass and bees. ; _ ;
    Bummerland, give a cheer -- 'Cause we're only going up from here!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) You likely have intolerance then. Milk allergy is rare and would have caused you issues when you wee born

I used to hand make cheeses and if you avoid fresh or soft ones like ricotta, marscapone, mozzarella you will do a lot better. Those have tons of lactose still in them because of whey. Hard cheese like parsesan or a good Swiss cheese you can eat much much easier. It's all about the whey. The less moisture the less lactose the less icky feeling after. Avoid yogurt completely lol. I'm trying to tell my bf he should stop eating heavy cream stuff like ice cream or munching from a block of cheddar but like you he says it's just too hard lol. There are supplements called lactaid or lactase containing you can take too before a lactose laden meal. It gives you the enzymes used to break down lactose. I don't even have it but I still have to help avoid all those rather yummy foods. It sucks!
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 12-16-2016 at 02:03 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Baby (12-16-2016)