9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    at this point in time, I don't really believe in any of the claims of seeing UFOs.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    People who want to believe will try to gather "evidence" to support their beliefs.

Confirmation bias.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Idk if I believe that UFOs are aliens but I believe there are other lifeforms out there, possibly more intelligent because they've been around longer or some other reasoning. I'm not a die-hard believer but I prefer this belief over the "aliens don't exist" line of thinking because of the creative aspect that goes along with it (tv shows about abductions, short stories about interplanetary visitors, art based on alien planet landscapes). It's more entertaining to believe, I think.

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a video of Dan Aykroyd discussing his encounters with possible alien lifeforms. It's a bit long but interesting if you like UFOs and the like.

(⊃。�́‿�̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚Nique

"Shorten that to 20 words or less!"- Saitama

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saitama For This Useful Post:

Hubble (12-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I like to believe that if we are not alone and if life is relatively common then there should be an intelligent life form out there. If it is possible for technology to be so advanced that large scale space travel is possible then it likely already exists. If the universe is ~14 billion years and it only took 4.56 billion years for our species to get as far as it has, then more than enough time has passed for AT LEAST one species to be further than us. Obviously, this is all assuming that life is common and that it is possible for technology to go that far.

I accept the possibility that life is rare, however when I think about how resilient life has been on our planet it makes it hard for me to not think that life is the rule not the exception. It seems like everything in life follows rules and goes towards a common goal. Perhaps life is one of those common goals the universe tries to go towards.

Anyways, back to the whole UFO thing. IF the above requirements are true, I don't think it is outside of the realm of possibility that aliens have visited. I also accept the possibility that I may be extremely biased, as this is a topic that always interested me. I may be susceptible to believing conspiracies, but I think my thoughts are logical. If aliens were able to travel far, it seems likely to me that they would want to study foreign species--especially relatively intelligent ones. Hell, I can even buy the idea that governments know about aliens. I can rationalize the idea to myself, I don't necessarily believe it to be true but I can see it as a possibility.

Overall, the whole alien thing to me is a big case of "I can see how that is possible". Perhaps I am missing something, but the doubt of anything in terms of aliens seems naive to me. How in the world could you definitively say that aliens don't exist, or they never visited earth, or anything else. I mean, our understanding of the universe is obviously incomplete, there is so much we may not know.

Plus, when I was a little kid I def saw a light flying around in the sky that just didn't make any lick of sense.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I want aliens to be real and benevolent/highly intelligent. Then maybe there will be hope for the human race.