Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of Stretch Marks ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

How to get rid of Stretch Marks ?

Recently, I just noticed I have developed stretch marks on my lower back I think the main reason for getting it is because I am trying to gain muscle mass quickly through bodybuilding,
    Is there any way I could prevent them in future and remove the current ones?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Check with a dermatologist, the only real way is to use creams against stretch marks, if the marks are still red-ish, then it will be easy to make them go away using special creams for them, but if they already turned white then it will be harder.

I'm not sure if they can be prevented, if you'll go through drastic changes of weight/musculature or if you just have bad skin in general, then you will get them no matter what, but if you use creams for them you can control them and make them fade

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

bluevitriol (12-16-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Check with a dermatologist, the only real way is to use creams against stretch marks, if the marks are still red-ish, then it will be easy to make them go away using special creams for them, but if they already turned white then it will be harder.

I'm not sure if they can be prevented, if you'll go through drastic changes of weight/musculature or if you just have bad skin in general, then you will get them no matter what, but if you use creams for them you can control them and make them fade
    Thankfully, they are not yet white but are a bit black and red. I'm gonna check a doctor soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Bio oil. It is in an orange bottle. Getting rid of stretch marks is by no means a quick process though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

bluevitriol (12-16-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Get them lazored off
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I was going to suggest laser therapy, that's all that works.

TBH I don't see what's the problem with stretch marks. I have a lot of them, although mine are because of my last growth spurts on adolescence, and my more recent "growth spurts"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

70spurple (12-17-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I was going to suggest laser therapy, that's all that works.

TBH I don't see what's the problem with stretch marks. I have a lot of them, although mine are because of my last growth spurts on adolescence, and my more recent "growth spurts"
    Yeah, I know this isn't what the OP wants, but I personally don't mind stretch marks. Actually, in the past I have actually liked them on my lovers. They're part of what makes you unique.
    But I guess not all stretch marks are created equally and maybe some are too ugly to want to keep around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to _Izual For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (12-18-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i used vitamin e oil for mine.
    it's cheaper with the creams and oils, but yeah it does take more time.

(and i agree, stretch marks aren't always bad! they're unique and lovely sometimes and just make you human!)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

70spurple (12-24-2016),DJ Music Man (12-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There's no dramatic way to get rid of marks. Laser is probably the best choice once you've got them. They are technically scars. It's best to treat them when they're red and fresh.
    To prevent and help lessen their severity, try and use a common moisturiser or use those special scar treatments and oils made for stretchmarks (like hiruscar, strivectin or bio-oil) the areas that marks commonly occur such as the biceps or that area near the front of the armpit below your traps (this actually really commonly seen). This is to try and keep the skin more supple and elastic so it can take the stretch a lot more. They say good nutrition can help too.
    I suppose the only other option is probably to slow down the gains so there is more time for the skin to stretch and adapt :/

I've got stretch marks from growing and I wish I notice them earlier cause maybe they would have been less severe. 6-7 years later they fade but not enough.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've had two kids now and the last one was HUGE.
    First make sure you're drinking enough water. Keeping hydrated can help prevent new ones.
    Then Bio Oil or vitamin applied topically. It will take a while and you'll never get rid of them completely without laser but they'll eventually fade to a better color.