DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've had this happen to me, come to think of it also when I'm lying on my back D: I never noticed that before...

I see a figure somewhere in my room and I can't move, I'm just stuck in this state of being scared and unable to move while this thing is watching me D:

It's the creepiest thing, really unnerving.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Interesting this is on the feed of recent posts. This just happened to me for the first time Sunday morning.

It was interesting.. I was wide awake conscious, knew where I was and felt fine. Something was touching my back though and that was what woke me up. I went to roll over onto my back but realized I couldn't move. Mine was caused by stress & sleep deprivation so I'm hoping it doesn't come back this tax season. But I found it really fascinating even as it was happening. I wasn't scared, I was intrigued.

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    I haven't had it happen in years. It seemed a lot more frequent when I was in my younger teens. Never saw any figures or anything like that, luckily. I would lay down to sleep and it would feel like only a few minutes would pass (even though it had to of been much longer). I'd wake up in my mind and go to move or sit up and be unable to do so. I knew where I was, could hear the t.v and whatever else was going on around me but couldn't open my eyes. My entire body would feel numb and nothing would respond despite screaming in my head to move. My body would always 'jolt' out of it and snap back to consciousness and move again after I had a good panic. I never felt possessed or like I wasn't alone, just the panicky anxiety that I would be stuck that way forever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I haven't experienced it before and I don't hope to because I know the kind of shit nonsense my mind would likely conjure to torment me when I'm in that vulnerable state. Now I just know that when I say this I will experience it for the first time lmao. That seems to be how it goes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have just typed it into google pics... very creepy stuff. I'm kinda interested in it, though... what if because you're half asleep you can see things from another dimension or something!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I hadn't heard of this so I just looked it up in some medical journals - truly creepy stuff. I'm sorry that you've experienced this. I think it would probably scare me to death tbh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My worst experience happened in my teens and I still remember it vividly. I woke up in a panic - heart racing a million miles a second - unable to move any part of my body.
    That's when I saw it.
    2 red eyes hovering over me. I couldn't make out any other characteristics, but for some reason it was made clear to me in my mind that this "thing" was actually the devil.
    What happened next was so surreal that just thinking about it still gives me the chills.
    It felt as though a pair of hands gripped onto my neck and with all it's might, began choking me. I remember desperately gasping for air meanwhile feeling my vision begin to blur from the lack of oxygen. I felt so helpless in that situation, unable to yell or move or defend myself. In that moment I truly felt I was going to die. What freaked me out when I finally broke out of the sleep paralysis was that my throat was in legitimate pain, as if i had just been choked.

Anyways I used to get sleep paralysis a lot in the past and I notice I'd tend to get it when I slept in the cold. Needless to say, I always sleep in warm rooms now lol.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    so i tend to experience stuff like this frequently. but typically i suffer from lucid dreaming, where i will be aware i'm in a dream but i can't wake up.

one of the most recent ones was in a purple hue where my mom was relaxing with me on the balcony, and she climbs to the roof, and i'm looking at her laughing, and i still remember she looks at me with this serene sort of look, before literally throwing herself off of the roof. i remember hearing her body hit the ground and i fucking panicked, i ran down the stairs screaming to my dad that mom threw herself off of the roof and he doesn't respond. by the time i get outside i run to the alley area she landed in and her body is gone. and this is where the dream actually started getting so terrifying i actually get goosebumps.

so i feel this presence, similar to that of if there is a strong entity demonic or otherwise, in the alley, and i run to go grab my father before i'm thrown to the ground by this creature i have no words to describe, but he stabs me in the stomach, and tells me that if i tell my father what happened he'll kill him and that i should go get flowers to commemorate my mothers death. so i'm bleeding and in severe pain and my father comes out and i tell him we need to get some flowers and im walking slow, and the creature tells me that we should keep walking, well my father stops, and tells me he's sorry, and the creature literally grabbed him, and i "woke up"

well in any dream where i wake up, i'm never actually awake. but this creature is sitting in my room, watching me, and i know it, and i'm trying so hard not to panic, but it approaches and like grabs me, and tells me i was lucky.

i finally wake up, and my whole body is sore. like i did a labor intensive work out or i was tensing severely.

i've suffered from things like this since i was young though, so i just kind of deal with it.

(both of my parents are fine btw, i called my mom immediately after the paralysis subsided, it was like 5 AM, she answered so i told her i loved her and hung up but i don't think i will ever forget the sound of her body hitting the ground.)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    cant panic, its the worst thing to do! i hear some people suffer more than others

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I took too much melatonin once and got sleep paralysis. Scared me so bad that after the 30 minutes of being unable to function and hallucinations that I called the Center for Disease Control. They laughed at me. I never took melatonin again. Fun times.