DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I get it a couple times a year, I think. I don't always remember if I'm not prompted to. I'm really lucky that I've never hallucinated during it, but I have had a general feeling of dread. There was one time I was convinced I had rolled over on top of my cat and I was suffocating her and I couldn't move to free her. Most of the time it's been more disorienting than scary and I end up feeling unrested. I'm so grateful I've never had it worse than that.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Happened to me once when I was like 16
    Saw shadows creeping up trynna fucking strangle me
    I don't know how I managed to fall back asleep after that
    Didn't even remember what happened until a couple days later
    Kinda glad it hasn't happened again since

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You guys are sooo lucky it doesn't happen quite often. This also happens when im alone. So i always tell my dog to come sleep with me if I am.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    You guys are sooo lucky it doesn't happen quite often. This also happens when im alone. So i always tell my dog to come sleep with me if I am.
    lol I always sleep with my cat when I'm alone, makes me feel safer in some way

I remember that when I was like 13 and lived with my grandmother she left for some weeks to visit other relatives, and I asked my mom if I could sleep in grandma's bed cause it was really comfortable, she said yes. Every single night I slept in that bed I experience a sleep paralysis, so I NEVER slept there again in my life. Weird.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My husband gets this alot. I guess it happens when your REM cycle is interrupted, so you wake up before it's finished and you can't move. He has very upsetting hallucinations during this time and it's hard to convince himself that they were just that. When you think about it, there is nothing more terrifying than what your own mind can show you.

I actually had a conversation with his mom awhile ago about our daughter having nightmares and she said that when he was 4 he had really bad nightmares that would upset him all day afterwards, so the doctor gave her a sedative or something to intentionally disrupt his REM. I guess he stopped dreaming or something as a result. ?!? and no one made a connection between that and his sleep paralysis. To me that sounds pretty connected. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's happened to me a few times, but never just randomly. I can always tell when falling asleep whether it's going to happen..

Sometimes when I am falling asleep, I'll sink into a very realistic but horrible dream that makes me panic-- I know that I am dreaming and can choose to snap out of it.. which I always do (because terrifying/horrible). But I close my eyes and fall straight into another such dream.. I'll keep choosing to wake out of it but after a few times I realize that I have control over this, so I go into a dream on purpose. But after that realization and knowing I will sink into another "lucid nightmare", falling asleep is different. Eyes closed, of course, but it feels like everything is spinning and I get very disoriented and eventually the dream starts. I'll let it continue for as long as I can but usually it gets too intense and I wake from it.. but 9 times out of 10 I'll have sleep paralysis for quite a while afterwards so I'm just laying there staring at the ceiling unable to move, still panicking from the dream..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Glad to say I have not experienced this yet, and hope not to, as it doesn't sound pleasant. I have seen the opposite happen to my brother where he had a dream about throwing up his hand to catch a football and in real life smashed his hand against the wall behind him. Think it woke most of us up haha.

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Oh my god. I used to have this alot when i was younger and it scared the living crap out of me
    I was literally convinced id been possessed. I can't describe how crazy it is to wake up but your body is still paralysed from sleep. I remember feeling like I was having a heart attack because I was panicking so much and I couldn't even scream, I just felt my chest getting tighter almost like someone was sitting on me
    Its awful. I havnt had sleep paralysis for a few years now thankfully
    Last edited by Sezy; 12-13-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I've only experienced it once when the doctor prescribed me Ambien. I don't know if my body doesn't like sleeping pills or what. I was going through a rough breakup at the time and needed help getting to sleep. I woke up and couldn't move, hallucinated that I could hear the person I was going through the breakup with, passed back out, woke up a second time and realized things were not right so I tried to call my mom but couldn't move. After around what seemed like 45 minutes, I finally rolled myself over and was able to call, but the experience ended there. Didn't take anymore Ambien, never had it again.