Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No worse feeling than waiting to see if your main gets frozen because of a mistake...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

No worse feeling than waiting to see if your main gets frozen because of a mistake...

While I was asleep last night my VPN flipped out while I was running Stealth. I woke up to it connected to a server on the other side of the world from me, one I would never connect to. I took a look at the logs, it disconnected and reconnected twice to two different servers, then disconnected again and tried connecting to this other far away server, but couldn't, so it tried reconnecting to it over and over for 2 hours until it finally connected. All of this while Stealth is running shells, obviously now showing my home/main accounts IP which has never been connected to these shells, but trades weekly with them.

I have a feeling I'm doomed. My account has too many items on it to even try and transfer, plus I couldn't think of anything more suspicious than trying to move 500m~600m worth of items off my main to some sort of side, even with a VPN.

So I'm just sitting here, not doing anything except refreshing my account page every half hour or so to see if it's frozen yet or not. The worst part is until a few weeks pass I'll be worrying about waking up to a log-in screen every morning. Just sucks cause the VPN fucked up, not me. So far I've felt entirely safe and this is the first time the VPN has ever done anything like this. So much lost time if I end up getting iced...*sigh*

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Take it easy and I'm sure the storm will pass away with no one noticing... I don't think you were flagged for having IP's change either. I think stuff like this would be insta-ban during the week.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Been through that and nothing happened to me XD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I feel you, but how Joe say keep calm nowdays TnT don't notice even when I use AB on my home IP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to metaldroga For This Useful Post:

jxt (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    You never know, maybe nothing will happen

Though if you're too paranoid, maybe you can self freeze and ask for the account back in a couple weeks? TNT is fast when giving back self frozen accounts

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    You never know, maybe nothing will happen

Though if you're too paranoid, maybe you can self freeze and ask for the account back in a couple weeks? TNT is fast when giving back self frozen accounts
    ^^^^ This

TnT doesn't seem to check logs about self frozen accounts anymore, and I have avoided a few illegit fuckups just by this alone.

Although, they aren't that fast and it usually takes around 1-2 months to get a self-frozen account back
    [center]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    You'll probably be alright truthfully. I wouldn't log into any of those accounts for at least a week if not more. I feel like cheating during non-business hours is always safer anyways, so most likely you'll be alright. If you have any friends on site you could send them a few larger items for "lend" while you wait and see. There might be a few members here that could help as well (although I'd stick to just one of two accounts and just a few items each so it isn't too suspicious). I could help myself, but there are probably more reputable members that would help as well.

Best bet is to just lay low and you'll be alright. Stay off the boards, don't use auctions, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My advice would be to take a VPN that offers an internet kill switch.

If it loses connection, it kills the internet connection until it connects again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by keknorris View Post
    My advice would be to take a VPN that offers an internet kill switch.

If it loses connection, it kills the internet connection until it connects again.
    That's the one thing this VPN doesn't have, but the speed and amount of servers make it hard to change. This morning I found a program called VPNcheck that will close specific programs if your VPN disconnects. I set it up and it seems to be working with my VPN/Stealth, so hopefully that will stop this from happening again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by jxt View Post
    That's the one thing this VPN doesn't have, but the speed and amount of servers make it hard to change. This morning I found a program called VPNcheck that will close specific programs if your VPN disconnects. I set it up and it seems to be working with my VPN/Stealth, so hopefully that will stop this from happening again.
    I use Ivacy VPN, great product for the price!

It is like 20 usd a year, hundreds of servers, optimized ones for torrents etc and I regularly see download speeds over 10 megabyte per second if the seeders are ok.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to keknorris For This Useful Post:

jxt (12-09-2016)