127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Shit...

Been dating and seeing a girl for like a month now and she stays over quite often almost lives with me. Getting to know her more and more shes latino American living in Aus, she calls certain groups of people N word and laughs at small people almost out loud and kinder annoying me more and more. She watches some little person LA show as well just for laughs i gathered at this point. What to do?? She seemed good at first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Dump her ass

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Espeon For This Useful Post:

Felice (11-08-2016),Ms M. (11-08-2016),Sakuras (11-08-2016),Teakwood (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    It's hard to really say from here, but a lot of people use the N word as slang. Does she use it in a derogatory way? Same with the little people thing too.. is she laughing at it because of the little people or because something is genuinely funny? If you can't clearly answer these, then you should just talk to her about it. It might just be a misunderstanding, ya know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Aussies are fucking racists cunts. I should know. Alot of my close friends are Aussies

Maybe she is being that way to try and fit in with your culture? Tell her to stop being a dramatic Dago and chill out. (I am part Mexican, I can say Dago. I was given permission by my Aussie friend Aiden, who sucks and is a cunt. I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME AIDEN!!!)

This is half joke and half serious cause I do know alot of racist aussies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Felice (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) well I'm aboriginal Australian so makes me a little uncomfortable with certain words and plus the N word doesn't get used here really at all.

She just seems to hate a lot of people i do like her but yeah slowly her real personality is coming to light

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Gamer View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) well I'm aboriginal Australian so makes me a little uncomfortable with certain words and plus the N word doesn't get used here really at all.

She just seems to hate a lot of people i do like her but yeah slowly her real personality is coming to light
    Yea the only Aussies I knew that ever used that word were kids trying to get a rise out of people.

If she is using that language as an expression of intolerant beliefs then I would definitely kick her to the curb. Being Aboriginal Australian I know that you have most likely felt the racism yourself so I can understand being uncomfortable with the entire situation. Sounds like y'all haven't been together that long so I don't think it is really worth the effort to try and educate her about the history of racism in Australia and hope she changes how she acts. Can't change a person so its better to just walk away now.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    If that is her true personality, be honest that it makes her uncomfortable. Maybe she thinks she's being funny or something, and doesn't realise that it's coming across negatively.

Does she know that you're Indigenous? Not coming from Australia, she may not realise that people can be Indigenous without 'looking' it. Ignorance is no excuse for racism, of course. Perhaps you could start a dialogue about it by asking if she ever experience discrimination or bigotry due to being Latina.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) yeah she knows i am and my family.

I talked and sorted it out a little bit ago with her and all sorted