64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Do the bumping rules apply to us? Thats something I've wondered about and thought to ask since we're having this discussion.
    Yes, the 5-hour waiting period should be applied to all trading/service sections.
    i love luna

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Irohh (11-05-2016),Oryx (11-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The rate on site changes often so no. Gems are not a stable currency, they are worth less these days on site.

The only reason anyone pays for gems here is to have them cheaper than on site. FR literally has a way to purchase gems on site, legally. Unlike neopets. So I vote no.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainNight For This Useful Post:

BigE (11-05-2016),Dot (11-09-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    29d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Does not matter to me either. I am just a little frustrated with the massive devaluation of the currency on here as of late. The value has been nearly cut in half, and if we did have a set rate something like that would not happen. All in all, I am indifferent, I am just glad there are no more scammers. lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    If sellers can work together and manage to not continuously undercut each other, then rates won't have to be set, but if the sellers keep on pricing lower and lower, the only people you'll be selling short are yourselves.
    Ultimately, it's up to the buyers and sellers of this section.
    i love luna

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Irohh (11-06-2016),Oryx (11-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Its whatever tho. As long as gems are more cheap than on the site enough to justify going against the ToS then I don't care.

I also think people buy at higher prices more often than you would think, especially if you are trusted and have a lot in stock. Undercutting isnt necessary to be competitive. So try keeping your own price and don't worry about anyone else and see how it goes. There arent exactly a thousand buyers for gems here since you can buy them onsite, there will be natural lulls.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainNight For This Useful Post:

Using My Pass (11-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think there's also the issue that no one can seem to agree on a Treasure rate, as some people still sell for 1$:210kt, and others have tried to make it line up with new Gem exchange rates?

I like to buy a mixture of both, but no one seems to have any idea how to price treasure as it's value has dropped quite a bit recently on site.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 23h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Im for setting a standard or minimum. But I am heavily biased because I was selling regularly at 1:350 for a brief period of time and was disappointed to come back and see the lower rates.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEddie View Post
    There is no need to regulate the prices. The competition is making gems more affordable to buyers. If we lower the rate, it will lower the amount of people purchasing gems. If you can't afford to sell at me and gamerkid's rates, stop selling.
    This is exactly why there would be a need to regulate prices, because competition will eventually make it less worthwhile to sell gems
    it's not about being "able" to afford to sell at your rates it's about it being not worthwhile to at least until the people who are undercutting everyone else inevitably runs out of stock to be able to meet demands, at which point the market would just end up rising back to what other sellers consider a fair rate

basically you're being a dick and taking business from other people by undercutting them just because you're satisfied with making less money for the same services, this is the reason why 90% of call-centers are in india but unlike you who's selling a limited resource they're selling a service so this only really works for the first part of my example.. can't really be bothered to come up with something better though since I don't really care or play FR lol

550 for 1$ is your rate now I guess? you made it sound like it was mostly you and one other guy undercutting the rest of the sellers.. and 350 for 1$ was a common price before? so what, an average fair price would be like 500 for 1$ currently?

regardless how you described supply and demand is inherently flawed, the amount of people buying gems won't change if you offer a different rate.. if you increase the price of food people are still gonna buy food.. they may look around a bit more to find if anyone offers a lower price but if everyone agrees on a set price this isn't an issue and makes selling fair and accessible for everyone

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

also wasn't aware that gems were a fluctuating currency... so I guess you'd have to adjust rates when the gem price in game changes dramatically
    Ana's slave <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 17h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kite View Post
    This is exactly why there would be a need to regulate prices, because competition will eventually make it less worthwhile to sell gems
    it's not about being "able" to afford to sell at your rates it's about it being not worthwhile to at least until the people who are undercutting everyone else inevitably runs out of stock to be able to meet demands, at which point the market would just end up rising back to what other sellers consider a fair rate

basically you're being a dick and taking business from other people by undercutting them just because you're satisfied with making less money for the same services, this is the reason why 90% of call-centers are in india but unlike you who's selling a limited resource they're selling a service so this only really works for the first part of my example.. can't really be bothered to come up with something better though since I don't really care or play FR lol

550 for 1$ is your rate now I guess? you made it sound like it was mostly you and one other guy undercutting the rest of the sellers.. and 350 for 1$ was a common price before? so what, an average fair price would be like 500 for 1$ currently?

regardless how you described supply and demand is inherently flawed, the amount of people buying gems won't change if you offer a different rate.. if you increase the price of food people are still gonna buy food.. they may look around a bit more to find if anyone offers a lower price but if everyone agrees on a set price this isn't an issue and makes selling fair and accessible for everyone

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

also wasn't aware that gems were a fluctuating currency... so I guess you'd have to adjust rates when the gem price in game changes dramatically
    I'm a dick because I can afford to sell my gems at 550? I just got a message for me to price match an order with a 10001 gem rate. People are used to a $1:550 rate, if you can't sell at that price, don't sell at all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Food isn't a good example, it's a perfectly Elastic product at least produce is. Demand is always the same, Supply is always the same and you cannot adjust the price as it would make no difference, people will always buy, and people will always be selling. It's a perfect horizontal line. There's no company selling basic produce for a different amount than what everyone else is because no one would buy from that company.

Stadium seating is the other side, theres a finite amount of resource, and no matter the rate the demand is high, meaning you can sell for basically any price and there's demand for it.

Price/demand graph migh tnot be a bad idea. But I'd need a lot of data to make one. If every seller would give me their most recent rates and past rates they sold at along with how many people purchased at each rate (Converting item sales into gem equivalents would be great) We'd have a better idea of at what to setrate