45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

Oh my god I hate doctors

I just need to rant/vent for a minute. I work IT in a medical office. I handle our EMR (basically the software that produces & contains the patient's electronic chart) and doctors drive me fucking CRAZY.

In some ways it is a rewarding job. With secretaries, nurses, and even most mid-levels (NPs/PAs) I will fix an issue and get a thank you. They call in and immediately ask how I'm doing. They are nice people (mostly.)

With doctors it's a whole other fucking story. I answer the phone and immediately they roll into a thousand-mile-an-hour speech about how *something* is broken, I need to fix it, and now. Most don't even tell me their name but luckily I've got most of their voices memorized by now. They always expect you to drop everything and come see their issue even if it's something I could fix in 5 seconds over the phone. But they don't have time for that.

Well, sorry, but 3 people (out of 9 total) in my department are out sick today! This is a clinic with almost 100 providers! I am only one damn person!

I got yelled at so many times today over shit I CANNOT CONTROL. Like, fucking I am sorry that our EMR won't let you verify labs without it automatically generating a note (why does it even matter?!?!?!) but I didn't code this shit and I can't change it!

TL;DR - I work IT in healthcare and doctors are DICKS.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I'm sorry. That sounds stressful. It seems like those that have yelled at you do not value your work. I hope next week or whenever you go back to work is better for you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 56m
    I'm sorry. that's not fun at all
    totally understand the being yelled at for no reason part, lol. seems to come with any job
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Thanks guys It felt good just to vent about it, haha.