Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    That is some good progress overall.

But health wise that diet is very unhealthy. You are starving yourself then giving unhealthy foods to compensate some calories. This is water weight that is gone which is still good but you may want to look into a steady diet with added vegetables and fruits if you want to really maintain this and make sure your cholesterol doesn't shoot up by eating delicious butter lol. I am weak for drenching in butter or heavy cream sauces or adding salt lol. Soooo hard to go without.
    Haha yeah I'm planning to go to a doc real soon and get my blood work done to see if things are okay, but I feel great so I'm pretty optimistic Thanks for the concern though

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 4h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Haha yeah I'm planning to go to a doc real soon and get my blood work done to see if things are okay, but I feel great so I'm pretty optimistic Thanks for the concern though
    She's right. Although this yielded results, it's really not healthy.
    Back when I had to drop some weight, I talked to a nutritionist and he gave me a few tips that made a huge difference:

- Getting muscle is really important - this doesn't seem to be a problem for you since you do calisthenics and sometimes lift. By getting more muscle you're increasing the ammount of energy your body needs just to function normally so you end up burning more calories than before, even when doing nothing.

- PROTEIN. Really, really important to maintain the muscle tissue when losing weight.

- Veggies. I used to hate them. The nutritionist told me to try to eat just a bit per meal so my body would get used to it, and now I fucking love veggies. Especially broccolli. Broccolli is love, broccolli is life.

- Count the carbs. One of my problems was that I absolutely love rice, and any type of pasta. I'd eat plate full of them, no joke. He told me to not go over 150 grams of rice/pasta per meal (compensating with more meat or even veggies) and it made a HUGE difference. Lost about 4 pounds in a week with only this change. Grains legumes (beans, lentils, etc) can be used as a substitute if you want to completely cut carbs, or just to diversify.

- No sugar. As little salt as possible.

- Fat is really important, as you noticed already. But avoid at all costs saturated fats, unsaturated fats are the shit. You get these from fish, peanut butter (commercial ones usually have too much sugar so I like to make my own), seeds, almonds, nuts, vegetable oils, etc.

If you get a balanced diet you don't need to fast or starve. In fact I ate all day and still lost a lot of weight pretty fast

Anyway, really nice progress dude!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ribossoma For This Useful Post:

Guy (10-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by ribossoma View Post
    She's right. Although this yielded results, it's really not healthy.
    Back when I had to drop some weight, I talked to a nutritionist and he gave me a few tips that made a huge difference:

- Getting muscle is really important - this doesn't seem to be a problem for you since you do calisthenics and sometimes lift. By getting more muscle you're increasing the ammount of energy your body needs just to function normally so you end up burning more calories than before, even when doing nothing.

- PROTEIN. Really, really important to maintain the muscle tissue when losing weight.

- Veggies. I used to hate them. The nutritionist told me to try to eat just a bit per meal so my body would get used to it, and now I fucking love veggies. Especially broccolli. Broccolli is love, broccolli is life.

- Count the carbs. One of my problems was that I absolutely love rice, and any type of pasta. I'd eat plate full of them, no joke. He told me to not go over 150 grams of rice/pasta per meal (compensating with more meat or even veggies) and it made a HUGE difference. Lost about 4 pounds in a week with only this change. Grains legumes (beans, lentils, etc) can be used as a substitute if you want to completely cut carbs, or just to diversify.

- No sugar. As little salt as possible.

- Fat is really important, as you noticed already. But avoid at all costs saturated fats, unsaturated fats are the shit. You get these from fish, peanut butter (commercial ones usually have too much sugar so I like to make my own), seeds, almonds, nuts, vegetable oils, etc.

If you get a balanced diet you don't need to fast or starve. In fact I ate all day and still lost a lot of weight pretty fast

Anyway, really nice progress dude!
    Thanks for the advice