Thread: [Guide Request] Changing browser language to read untranslated boring books (FF/Chrome/safari)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Question [Guide Request] Changing browser language to read untranslated boring books (FF/Chrome/safari)

This is something I have tried to figure out for a while and I haven't been able to on either Chrome or Firefox. It will seem as if I did change my language but when I open an item to read a book the new window is in English. JN and other places say since the newer items are not translated you can change the browsers language to read a boring book to a pet but alas to no avail for me. If anyone has been able to do it I would love you forever if you wrote out a guide for dummies that also included screenies of the process as well as screenies of the item window. And....perhaps screenies on how to change the language back lol.

Will +rep definitely.

I hope it is ok to make a post like this?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

[Guide Request] Changing browser language to read untranslated boring books (FF/Chrome/safari)

Quote Originally Posted by gigglez View Post
    This is something I have tried to figure out for a while and I haven't been able to on either Chrome or Firefox. It will seem as if I did change my language but when I open an item to read a book the new window is in English. JN and other places say since the newer items are not translated you can change the browsers language to read a boring book to a pet but alas to no avail for me. If anyone has been able to do it I would love you forever if you wrote out a guide for dummies that also included screenies of the process as well as screenies of the item window. And....perhaps screenies on how to change the language back lol.

Will +rep definitely.

I hope it is ok to make a post like this?
    On chrome on the right site of the address bar there is normally a button if the language has been changed just click it to un-translate might be similar for FF though i'm not familiar with FF

Located on that same spot can be Usernames/passwords saved information on your preferred browser for certain websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Gamer View Post
    On chrome on the right site of the address bar there is normally a button if the language has been changed just click it to un-translate might be similar for FF though i'm not familiar with FF

Located on that same spot can be Usernames/passwords saved information on your preferred browser for certain websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want to be able to change the language of the browser so that neo items are changed to a different language to read the item / feed the item to my neopet. Older items you can change the language on the neopet.com website itself and this will allow you to read books that your pet would otherwise find boring. But as of a certain date, not sure if its 2015 or 2014, Neopets stopped translating item names into different languages so this trick no longer works on items released after that date.

So theoretically if I have a pet with 5 letters in the name he would find the book Storage Ideas boring. The book was released on May 20, 2016 so I can't do the change language trick via the website. So a tip on JelloNeo says to change the browsers language so I was hoping someone could show me how to change the language in my web browser to display neopets as for instance Spanish so the Book Storage Ideas will be changed to say Ideas de almacenamiento.

I've looked up guides online on how to change my browsers language but the neopets website still stays in english so I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this workaround.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    (you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) It isn't a matter of changing the browser's language. It's the language you're browsing Neopets with. This is found at the bottom of the page. Sometimes other languages don't work for a book. It's still boring. If one doesn't, keep trying others. I've had to go through 4 or 5 for some books before.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    (you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) It isn't a matter of changing the browser's language. It's the language you're browsing Neopets with. This is found at the bottom of the page. Sometimes other languages don't work for a book. It's still boring. If one doesn't, keep trying others. I've had to go through 4 or 5 for some books before.

that stopped working on newer released items

Editorial 704 were CQ said that they stopped translating new items and they Workaround will no longer work

And from JN they don't specify its from neopets no longer translating item names but they may not have updated the page since that was discovered,

So yea sometime in 2015 JumpStart stopped releasing new items with their names translated so no matter what language you choose at the bottom bar in neopets it will either remain in English or the Item will look to disappear from your inventory. So the change language trick via neopets does not work. If I could figure out a workaround with changing the browsers language i would write a guide about it myself lol.