DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I can't recall how many times I have changed my mind about this so far... I have tried several field of studies and dropped out every time because I couldn't see myself working in this branch for the rest of my life. I think the reason I failed so many times is because I tried picking out a specific career that seemed appealing then I'd try to get into the field of study required to do this job. After taking a while to realize this, I figured it might be best to just pick a field of study that seemed fun to me and pick a career once I've got my diploma. I just got accepted in a university program called "Language Sciences" (in French) and I can't wait to start next January. I have always loved French (grammar, syntax and such) and never thought about actually studying it in university. There are also a bunch of jobs related to this such as speech therapist, audiologist, teacher, etc. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, but I guess I'll end up picking a specific career once I get there. Until then, I'm just gonna enjoy going to school and learning about stuff that passionate me!

The best way to go through the decision of your future career is to pick something that sounds fun. You should love the job you do and that should be the same with the studies that come with it! Graphic Designer sounds great and I'm sure it would be a perfect match for you based on the work I've seen from you on the forums!
    Last edited by Cath; 10-25-2016 at 03:39 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-25-2016)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I want to be an astronomer. Or maybe a particles physicist. Or maybe something of the like, or overlapping those two areas. I also have some interest in Engineering, but I don't know how to fit that in. Also because Engineering majors scare me with their overcompetitiveness. I am in for the cool content, not the prestigiousness of the area. So... I guess know I'm going for a Physics degree, after all.... And I'll try to fit in Engineering somehow, later on. There's no double majoring or minoring at the university I'm going to, you can only choose one major.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I chose journalism and I hate it. Worst 21k decision of my life.

You should spend your first few semesters trying out different classes, things that intrigue you. You don't really have to commit to anything til your third year. Make sure it's something you enjoy AND can make a career out of. The worst thing(s) you can do are major in something that you'll truly struggle getting a job in and majoring in something you hate because it's the practical thing to do. I let my family pressure me into something that was more practical than a doctorate in Nordic Studies with an emphasis in Vikings, but if I had done that, I'd still be in the same boat just with worse debt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-25-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    I've put my studies on hold because I haven't decided yet what I want to do, I've already dropped out of college once and delayed enrolling in a second one because it's so difficult to decide, nothing appeals to me to a point where I can say "hey, I can do that for the next 50 years". I'm still not sure, but I'm going to study archeology and see what goes from there, maybe I'll just end up choosing a random job anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-25-2016)