39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    It's never flagged. I'd say a couple weeks, looking like a legitimate move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man, that's good to know. I was scramblin' like a fool trying to muddy the waters.

Thanks for the help dude!

Oh yeah! I originally made this thread because the proxy that I did purchase allowed me access to every site, except Neopets.. I ran checks between trying different settings, and I'm able to access Neo with Tor (that gives me the impression that the site is accessible using anonymity?), but never with the proxy I bought. Are there certain ports that Neo doesn't allow, or is the something I need to add or change? I read somewhere that there are extra steps to "unblock" neopets by adding site addresses to the host file, but I'm not sure if I understand that concept because isn't that what a proxy does?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttothej View Post
    Man, that's good to know. I was scramblin' like a fool trying to muddy the waters.

Thanks for the help dude!

Oh yeah! I originally made this thread because the proxy that I did purchase allowed me access to every site, except Neopets.. I ran checks between trying different settings, and I'm able to access Neo with Tor (that gives me the impression that the site is accessible using anonymity?), but never with the proxy I bought. Are there certain ports that Neo doesn't allow, or is the something I need to add or change? I read somewhere that there are extra steps to "unblock" neopets by adding site addresses to the host file, but I'm not sure if I understand that concept because isn't that what a proxy does?
    They most likely blocked that IP from accessing the site. A loooot of people use proxies on Neo and many times they ruin it for others with the same service by getting the proxy banned...

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Do they just give you proxy:port or proxy:port and login details?
    Can you access neo with your "home" IP without any problems?
    What error do you get when you try to access neo using the proxy you bought? Seems like the problem is the proxy itself, I've read a little bit about MPP and couldn't find anything useful LMAO, try asking them to replace the proxy next month/cancel and like others recommended, get a VPN?
    I ran checks between trying different settings, and I'm able to access Neo with Tor (that gives me the impression that the site is accessible using anonymity?)
    Define "anonymity" in that context? e_e
    The "hosts" file in Operating Systems is generally used to block traffic to certain hosts (e.g.: "google.com", "neopets.com", etc) .
    Last edited by Accelerator; 09-19-2016 at 03:01 PM.

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    They most likely blocked that IP from accessing the site. A loooot of people use proxies on Neo and many times they ruin it for others with the same service by getting the proxy banned...

Haha yeah, that crossed my mind, I just didn't think that neopets efforts made that big of a ripple

Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Do they just give you proxy:port or proxy:port and login details?
    Can you access neo with your "home" IP without any problems?
    What error do you get when you try to access neo using the proxy you bought? Seems like the problem is the proxy itself, I've read a little bit about MPP and couldn't find anything useful LMAO, try asking them to replace the proxy next month/cancel and like others recommended, get a VPN?

Define "anonymity" in that context? e_e
    The "hosts" file in Operating Systems is generally used to block traffic to certain hosts (e.g.: "google.com", "neopets.com", etc) .

They gave me the proxy, port and login. I can access the site with my IP, but I was iced like 4-5 days ago so I'm giving it time to defrost

The error that I would get is "Server isn't responding" of something of the sort. I've actually already cancelled the sub with MPP after your recommendation for a VPN. It seems like a bit of a gamble buying proxies then. Will I hit any potential speed bumps with a VPN?

I was using Tor for anonymity on inactives I had no intention of keeping. The "host" stuff was from a site that, from my understanding, said that certain URLs were needed to be added to the host file in system32 in order to unblock the Neopets site. I didn't spend much time investigating so I was curious if anyone could/was able to expand, but now I'm thinking I didn't understand it haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttothej View Post
    Haha yeah, that crossed my mind, I just didn't think that neopets efforts made that big of a ripple

They gave me the proxy, port and login. I can access the site with my IP, but I was iced like 4-5 days ago so I'm giving it time to defrost

The error that I would get is "Server isn't responding" of something of the sort. I've actually already cancelled the sub with MPP after your recommendation for a VPN. It seems like a bit of a gamble buying proxies then. Will I hit any potential speed bumps with a VPN?

I was using Tor for anonymity on inactives I had no intention of keeping. The "host" stuff was from a site that, from my understanding, said that certain URLs were needed to be added to the host file in system32 in order to unblock the Neopets site. I didn't spend much time investigating so I was curious if anyone could/was able to expand, but now I'm thinking I didn't understand it haha
    I always registered a few hours/days right after being frozen, never had a problem. Except for one time that I got frozen 10 minutes after logging in, but it was something ridiculous and I think I pissed 'em off, LMAO.
    Did you buy the private ones or the shared ones? The "speed bump" would depend on the server's bandwidth & load.
    If by "anonymity" you meant just hiding your real IP then the proxy wasn't that much different compared to TOR
    If you find that page again mind linking me to it? e_e

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」