Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Eh, it depends. On first dates I always bring my wallet. I don't expect to have my dinner paid for and sometimes I don't really want them to. After you've been dating awhile I fully believe in taking turns. No one person should take care of the bill all the time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    In my opinion the first date I always feel like the guy should be the one paying, but if we're seeing each other multiple times then I'm fine with paying every other time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    As a woman, I never like to be paid for on a first date. It is too cliche and outdated for me and sets a precedent that I don't feel comfortable with (though I always appreciate the offer)

In general, I feel like things should be split, or couples should take turns paying. However, if one person makes significantly more than the other, and the two people have been together for a long time, it may be okay for one person to pay for a bit more. IE, when I was working and my boyfriend was in school, I paid for most of a vacation. Now he is working and I am back in school, and he picks up more of the fun expenses, like going to restaurants, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fartprincess For This Useful Post:

Kairi (09-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    i appreciate the sentiment but i always feel like i'm taking advantage of them even if they insist. P: in an ideal world we'd pay for our own meals TBH but i'm sure that might rub some folk the wrong way

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Seeing as women are striving to be seen as equals to men, making a point they can be just as physical and mentally capable; I believe that it shouldn't be a stereotype that men pay for dates. If women do not like prejudgements, wouldn't it be just to take that out of the equation for men also? However, that is just the most logical explaination - Not saying I would never pay for a woman! I suppose it is just one's personal preference.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    49d 1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    It's best to bring your own money just incase...
    If the guy offered in the first place and is the one asking you out
    Then yes he should pay

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    imo: Dates should generally be split 50/50 or else you take turns paying for each other. If one person has a much higher income than the other, they should probably pay if inviting the other out to an expensive place that they otherwise would have never been able to afford.

Gender doesn't have anything to do with it at all (in my mind). I don't like budding relationships where it feels expected that I pay because I'm male. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm also of the opinion that splitting the bill is best. If both people wanted the date, then both can pay. It's just fair, I think.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    First dates for me are 50/50 depending on how I met the person. If it's not a friend of a friend, it's generally 50/50. If it's someone I know through the grapevine or a friend of a friend, I'll pick it up without a problem. Was using a dating site for awhile and the amount of money I burned through with fake profiles/old pictures/pathological liars eventually made it unaffordable to pick up the tab every time. Luckily met the right person so I don't have to deal with that anymore, but that was an expensive time of my life haha.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I'm a lesbian so I don't know how much this counts, but I think it should apply for everyone - the one who invites the other person on the date pays. So if you say "hey, we should get chinese this weekend", you pay, and vice-versa if your girl does the same. It's just my personal thing to do it this way

It's definitely seen as the "norm" for the guy to pay though. I had lunch with a male friend a few days ago and the waitress put the bill right in front of him even though I was taking care of it (I was the one who "asked him out"). Idk it kinda got on my nerves because it feels a little bit... infantilizing to me. I'm an adult and I can pay for my own food
    Last edited by Baby; 12-13-2016 at 12:37 PM.