DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I always try to pay for myself even if the guy asked me and is offering to pay for me. I don't know but I always feel bad if they pay all, specially if it's a long date that involves several paying like cinema and then dinner.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 13h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Even if the guy asks me to dinner, I still offer to pay my half because I'm the one that chose to go. If he offers to pay, sure, go for it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I'm not going to lie, I'm not going to make a guy pay for my portion, because I love food, and I guarantee I'll get more things than him LOL.

I have no problem paying for his though?

Thank you Hellraid <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I usually try to pay if it was my idea lol

same goes w/ friends too it wouldn't feel right if I didn't try to pay if I'm the one who invited em out in the first place :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    19d 12h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    1. Guy should pay for first 1-3 dates. After dating more regularly they should alternate.
    2. Girl should offer to pay esp if she picked the place or if she initiated.
    3. Girl should not pick an expensive restaurant while assuming he will pick up the tab.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I have been in a relationship for over 8 years. It started with him always offering even if I said I would take care of the bill. As time went on it became alternating with not just meals. Anytime we go for coffee, movies, festivals. Whatever it was we would alternate but mostly dependant on who's idea it was. Now after so much time he can say hey let's go for dinner to Red Lobster or whatever and at the end of the meal I will take out my wallet and pay. Then he says thanks for the date lol. So yeah once it's been years and years you just become accustomed to paying when you feel like it even if the other suggested it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I usually pay when going out just because that's what I've always done and I suppose im more traditional in that sense. However, I did go out to DC with this chick a few weeks back and she paid for the whole meal. She did pick the place and it was a rather expensive spot. Id never had that happen before. She literally sniped the waited and gave him her card.
    I bought drinks at the bar near where she was staying but it wasn't even close to the cost of dinner. Caught me off guard.

When I go out with friends we all usually throw some money on the table and call it a night. I feel pretty lucky that my friends don't try to pawn the bill off on each other every time.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

70spurple (09-20-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm a lesbian, so there's never any guys paying on dates haha, but when I go out with my girlfriend, I usually pay. I'm the only one earning money at the moment, but when she has money, she pays. So it's kind of based on whoever has the money at the moment to go out. I guess I'm technically more the head of the relationship?

I feel like this applies for everyone though, whoever wants to go out and has the money should pay. Like, if my gf suggests going out, she should pay, but if I do, I should pay. Or if you're seeing someone for the first time, whoever does the "asking out" should pay, or at least offer to. (whether it's a guy or a girl)

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinnamoon For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I always go dutch especially if it's first couple dates. Like we're not a couple, we're two people interested to see where things go. If they go really well then maybe I insist on paying, or they do and in the end going dutch tends to make both people feel less obligated to then go on another date if things didn't go so well.

I had an awkward experience with a dude, who insisted on paying, and the date had been kinda uncomfortable and I never saw him after. Like I feel some of the weirdness would have been alleviated if we'd just both paid for our own meals.

I'm gay btw, I just figured I'd toss my two cents in, cause either way I think it depends how many dates and who's initiated with ettiquette for paying. Though I think you should at least offer to get the Tip if you don't pay; kinda just a nice thing to do I think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

HellcatPong (12-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    It usually makes me more comfortable if we both pay our bill to be honest, especially when dating someone new for the first few times. I somehow feel like I owe the guy something when I let him pay for me.

However, in a relationship and not just a "first date", I usually alternate who's paying with my boyfriend. We don't count the times, but sometimes I'm the one taking the bill and other times it's him.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-20-2016)