DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think sharing is always nice. If the person is a long time friend and maybe you know they're a little tight on money or the person knows about your situation, it's cool to let who's doing better pay too if they want... Maybe you can do the same for them in the future ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    20d 17h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Guys should pay when they feel like it and it should be the same for girls.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    IMHO, both parties should be ready to pay if they are mutually interested in getting to know each other, and depending on their financial situation it could be split to whatever ratio they're comfortable with. Just remember to appreciate them when they're offering to pay for you, and don't take it for granted.

I'm always ready to put down my share of the bill or pay full for something reasonable (ie. birthday, family, etc). But when it's no longer a choice, and I'm EXPECTED to pay full without prior notice, that's just offsetting because I feel like I'm taken for granted.

This one time when the bill came and the guy literally pushed the bill to me and said thanks. Don't take someone out if you can't/don't want to pay the bill.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    48d 21h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If they are the one that has asked you out on a date then I think at the first date they definitely should.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think it should work either way. As much as I love having a free dinner, I still want to help out my guy too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it really depends on the culture. I was born into a culture where guys would pay for everything on dates, but then I grew up in a culture where it's quite normal to go Dutch. So for me, I understand that both can be acceptable as long as the parties are happy about it. I think I would prefer the guy to treat on special occasions when the meals are more expensive. But all the other times, I'm happy to go 50/50. Also if he bought me dinner, I usually like to treat him to desserts or coffee after.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    242d 13h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    I think that it's a nice gesture for the guy to pay for dates. But it's a very modern society now. Why talk about feminism when they insist on the guys paying?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by xmilo View Post
    I think that it's a nice gesture for the guy to pay for dates. But it's a very modern society now. Why talk about feminism when they insist on the guys paying?
    i feel like i see people say this a lot but i've literally never met a feminist that expected men to pay on a date. and i've met a ton of feminists cus i go to a liberal private university, lol.

anyway i think the majority of people agree that the person who initiates by asking the other person out should probably pay. if both parties are equally interested, split the bill.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
    Take turns, or whoever insisted on going out pay ~ or just pay for yourself like my bf and I do.
    yeah no, honestly it would make no sense to take turns. just pay for yourself instead. I honestly don't see the point of everyone being offered money from everyone else then having to argue with everyone that they should keep the money, although this is in my culture. I just don't agree with it. So it's a bit like that. It's fair enough that the one who initiates the date should pay but if the other person insists on paying, just allow it. Otherwise it makes things awkward. It definitely shouldn't be the male paying just because he's male. The initiator of the date should offer to pay, if the other insists on paying, they just pay themselves. End of story. LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I gotta say whenever a girl pays for me I feel at a loss for words, it's so weird, I don't know if it's more 'Thanks but eh what?' or more 'Thanks but now I feel like I owe you' it does have some hints of 'wow she is nice to me, she likes me, yay' though.

In general I always offer to pay and more often than not the girl would reject the offer and demand to pay her part, which is great.
    I also never say no to a girl who offers to pay for me but I always insist on paying for her on the following date, of course she only finds out when that time comes.

Basically the way I see it when you pay for someone you are saying 'I want to see you again and this date wasn't about what we did, it was about we'.

That being said if I ever feel like I don't want a second date, I only pay my part, if the girl offers to pay, I decline, and I had this happening the other way around too - don't allow the other party to pay for you if that was the end because then you are a douche.
    Last edited by OakTree; 07-04-2017 at 11:50 AM.