10/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Gamer View Post
    I'm old fashion and will always pay though my bro is the opposite and says he never pays and thinks i'm a sucker!!

I sorter feel it's almost like i have to in the moment. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am from a very chauvinist culture where attractive women are seen as a limited commodity to be fought over Even though I grew up somewhere else, this internal hatred of that aspect of my motherland's culture makes me hesitant to do something so rooted in chauvinism.

I actually make a point of never paying for the first date. I will always ask to split the bill. Then, I can see if the girl is the type of person who expects the man to pay. There are certain character traits I find consistent in women who get angry or snarky when I don't pay, and I don't like it. Reminds me too much of the stereotypical entitled modern girl back home >.>

Worked out pretty well for me. This ends up letting me sift through and find the independent, strong, forward-thinking women. There was, however, one woman who got salty when I asked for a bill split because she was the one who asked me out and therefore wanted to pay O.o Ironically she is from the same culture as me, so in the end she's still different from that hated stereotype

2. The Following User Says Thank You to minzart For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    When I go on dates we never pay for anything because we're both women.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ehentalix For This Useful Post:

Demri (02-20-2017),kittyray (02-20-2017),lorina (02-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    By boyfriend and I always pay for our own food, partially because he's still in undergrad and doesn't have a job, and I'm in law school and am living off of loans, but I would never expect him to pay for my meal or vice versa - and some girls I know get really stand-offish about that, which I find rather repulsive. No one should be expected to pay for a meal based on gender, if anything, the person that initiates the dinner should be responsible for at least offering, but even then I'd just rather pay for myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Espeon For This Useful Post:

minzart (02-20-2017)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I think at first it's courteous for the guy to offer if he's the one who initiated the date, but after awhile it just makes sense (to me) for each person to pay for him/herself. I don't believe entering a relationship/courtship should entail becoming financially responsible for another person, but that's just my opinion

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    personally, i don't mind either way? unless the guy insists to be gentlemanly and all ^-^ i'd want to pay on the next date though so i don't blow a hole in his wallet.

( i killed the king of deceit. now i sleep in anarchy. )

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'd say yes but it depends on the situation? Like if he's going through a tight spot then obviously not

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I think whoever initiates the date should pay. If we agree to just go out to eat or something I'll pay for my own, but I don't really put up too much of a fight if someone offers to pay for me. ;P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (05-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think it originated from guys wanting to impress girls and show girls they are dominant and can take care of them.
    Same with putting a woman on a pedestal it's by a guys choice to impress and woo a female.
    Unfortunately so much hooting and hollering because being put on a pedestal and looked after apparently sucks. So now chivalry is dead, we successfully killed it.

So to answer, if it's the first date and the guy wants to impress her and show her he can take care of her because he's interested. Then yes any half decent guy will pay, not because he feels obligated to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    My girlfriend pays for all of the meals when we go out. She's the bread winner by far and doesn't mind. I do my part with helping out with the kids and cleaning and stuff.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I think it originated from guys wanting to impress girls and show girls they are dominant and can take care of them.
    Same with putting a woman on a pedestal it's by a guys choice to impress and woo a female.
    Unfortunately so much hooting and hollering because being put on a pedestal and looked after apparently sucks. So now chivalry is dead, we successfully killed it.

So to answer, if it's the first date and the guy wants to impress her and show her he can take care of her because he's interested. Then yes any half decent guy will pay, not because he feels obligated to.
    It originated from a time when it was necessary because women couldn't have bank accounts or own assets lmao. Same thing with putting women on a pedestal; it was unrelated to wooing a woman, you put a woman on a pedestal because she was literally property.