DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Trust me, if anyone insisted on trying to pay for my part on anything, you bet I'll disappear from their life real quick just out of shame. I either pay for what I have to, or I don't go at all. Because I'd rather pay then, and then not have to owe anyone anything, than otherwise. My father always taught me, "if you go to someone's house, expect them to expect to come to your house some day; if someone pays for you anything, expect them to expect you to give them back in some way, be it in money, sex, whatever." I am not a huge fan of owing anyone anything, and I have issues with intimacy, so, nope, I'm not getting myself into any sort of situation where I'm expected to give back to them in some sort of way that I can't do.
    Last edited by DJ Music Man; 12-29-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Eh, I'm a girl and I dont mind either way. If the guy has extra money, he can pay. Or if I insist on going somewhere new because I want to try it, I will offer to pay (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    20d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I actually feel awk as fuck if someone tries to pay for me. like, sure, it's sweet of them, but it makes me feel like crud, because usually I'm fully capable of paying for my own shit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupkakez View Post
    I actually feel awk as fuck if someone tries to pay for me. like, sure, it's sweet of them, but it makes me feel like crud, because usually I'm fully capable of paying for my own shit.
    I think it's a matter of chivalry and not telling the girl that she can not afford it o.O

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    20d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of them or something. I dunno. maybe I'm over-analyzing it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Usually I'd prefer to split because I don't like people paying for me. It's a kind gesture though if you want to pay but as the relationship progresses, I'd prefer splitting more.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    50/50 because you are "dating" no on a relationship date... so I don't know is a hard topic but I think is a 50/50
    for example:

I pay the movie theather entrance's and she could pay for the popcorns, etc...

I mean "Apportion expenses to halves"

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    48d 21h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Depends if they are the one that asked you out on the date then yes he should pay.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by 70spurple View Post
    You would have to define the word "superior" to me in this case.

Also been with a dude with a cat, litterbox stunk so no...

He doesn't "NEED" to pamper me to be happy, he would naturally just do it to show he cares for my happiness,

When I personally value someone, I drop everything to put them first.

That is true, there are about week in a month, every month, where there is a hormone in balance in a female system body, as a result, it would feel "safe" with the help of a significant other knowing that everything should be okay...Additionally, women need to feel protected, that's what i mean by not just "financially.

As for everything else. Whether we want to believe it or not , we live in a misogynist country. In the rest of the world females aren't encouraged to go to school and hell if they are it's because they get a free meal. So, if you wanna talk about "equality" that's an illusion. Men were biologically made to be physically stronger than females. On the underhand, women were made to have more endurance. Just the way biology works.

ANYWAYS, perhaps I'm just speaking from a cultural perspective. My dad works while my mom stays as home, whereas my neighbor who his hispanic and his wife is white stays home while she works, (they've been together for 14 years,) don't know how in the hell he got away with that though lol.
    Though seemingly not, given your thoughts on how he should be doing/paying for everything for you?

I don't really understand this view, nor know how it fits in with the women wanting equality thing tbh. Yes in some parts of the world females are treat appallingly, however this does not mean that every male in the world should feel guilty for that and over compensate. IMO anyway.

As I understand it, the whole 'guys pay' thing was because generally, men worked and women stayed at home. This doesn't happen as often anymore. Also I know 2 families where the mother works and the father stays with the children. Quite glad to see this seems to be equaling out a bit over time. Child rearing is not a 'womans job' nor is bringing in a wage a mans job. Personally I would go for whichever of us earns more, keep working, other stays with kids if one was going to give up work totally. Rather than going on which sex you are.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

70spurple (12-29-2016),DJ Music Man (12-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I get super uncomfortable when people pay for anything for me, so I never let the guy pay (or any of my friends).

And as someone who personally knows girls that go out on tinder dates just to get free food, I honestly think this social expectation should stop and everyone just needs to pay for their own meals. The guys offer though, so it's not like they're asking for those guys to pay for their food, but they tell me before they leave the house that they're only giving him the time of day because they're going out and he offered to buy dinner...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Satellite For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (12-29-2016)