Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    my step dad was a cop in dallas texas, i've heard it all, lol he even took me along for ridealongs a few times.............
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I would love to do a ride along when he is a cop lol. I am excited though because the stories he will come home with will never end and they will be about everything and anything, not just kids trying to get out of a possession of pot charge or speeding ticket.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is it just me or does it seem like the easiest way to get out of a ticket is to have boobs, just something i saw on How I Met Your Mother

Also if you don't want a speeding ticket, don't speed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    On interstates, I wait for someone to pass me by who is clearly speeding and not going to be slowing down, and I let them go out front, so if there is a cop, they will have stopped them before they see me, and I'm always going slower than they were. It's obivously not full proof, but on long trips, letting someone else go faster than you at least gives me comfort in going 10 over or so depending on how traffic is moving.

I have to drive 12 hours on Friday, this may be a timely topic for me to read!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post
    On interstates, I wait for someone to pass me by who is clearly speeding and not going to be slowing down, and I let them go out front, so if there is a cop, they will have stopped them before they see me, and I'm always going slower than they were. It's obivously not full proof, but on long trips, letting someone else go faster than you at least gives me comfort in going 10 over or so depending on how traffic is moving.

I have to drive 12 hours on Friday, this may be a timely topic for me to read!

This only works depending on the interstate imo. It is generally what I do as well, but if cops have a nice flat grassy bed between the incoming/oncoming, they will usually have 1 guy up front with a radar and anywhere between 2-8 cruisers (depending on the location/time of day/time of year/etc...) waiting out back to have a steady factory line of tickets rolling out

Moral of the story: if you're gonna let a guy speed by, make sure to let a few of them first

Also, keep your eyes in the distance for people braking randomly (randomly to you, but they are braking for cops), or (if you're lucky) somebody will tap their brakes to let you know there is a speed trap up ahead

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally don't drive, but I don't think my acting skills would get me that far