5/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

A guide to avoiding speeding tickets

This guide was created with love from someone who's never gotten a speeding ticket *knocks on wood* but has been pulled over too many times to count.

Ah the joy of getting your license. You are now free to drive and you have that sense of independence. Of course, with all new things you begin to explore the boundaries and soon find yourself going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit. Soon after, you're going even faster. Maybe that's not you but it sure is me. Maybe you go the speed limit but sometimes want to just push your car to it's limits for the thrill? Who knows
    This is a fun little guide with tips and tricks on how to get out of a speeding ticket! I hope you enjoy!

Step One: Think of a reason As soon as those sirens kick on, start thinking! You have a few options, so don't panick. You can be upfront and honest, have some long winded detailed lie, or just go with the basic lie (such as a family emergency or if you can pull it off, you're in labor).

Step 2: Apologize The apology is key. You must make the officer believe you are sorry. Be creative! This is a chance for you to start flirting if you're going down that road or start sobbing if you choose. Hone in on those acting skills though!

Step 3: Tell your story Remember that story we talked about in step one? Now's the time to tell it. Keep it consistent with the apology and attitude you've been giving. Never, I repeat never, switch to different emotions. If you started out happy, you better keep on smiling. If you were crying, make the waterworks come to life here!

Step 4: Admittance You must admit to your speeding, regardless of your story. Don't be an ass! Grow a set and tell the officer that you know what you did was wrong and it won't be happening again. They hear this every day so put your own flair and twists into it.

Additional Tips:

Flirting gets you everywhere, especially if you are a woman and the officer is a man. I'm not intending to have a sexist view but it works.
    Honesty is the best policy.
    Getting a rude or snotty attitude, even for a moment, will get you the ticket almost guaranteed.
    Have all your info ready by the time they get to your window. On that note, have the window rolled down before they get there.
    Do not act suspicious. Stay calm and you'll be fine.

Anyways, good luck and have fun : )

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    thanks for the guide!
    @(you need an account to see links), not a very necessary comment...
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    How about slow down while driving....

Officers are not morons (at least not all lol), they know when some kid has been going too fast and will try to weasel themselves out of a ticket. You can add if you get let off with a warning then learn from that. Honestly do not speed and you do not need to have a single run in with the cops nor a ticket in the mail. Use common sense, driving is a privilege treat it accordingly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Bailey (03-05-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I once rescued a kitten at only 4 weeks old in the middle of January, and I got pulled over for speeding on the way home. I apologized to the officer and told him the honest story: that we had just rescued this kitten and yes I was speeding because I wanted to get her home, but I was prepared and expecting to pay the ticket.

Well just then the kitten who had been sitting shivering in my friend's lap let out this pitiful little meow, and gave the saddest look to the officer, and he just about died and told me to hurry home to get her warm. Haha.

So my advice is to carry a kitten everywhere. *nods*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chelle For This Useful Post:

potatochips (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You must have a fairly advanced amount of acting prowess @(you need an account to see links)! You should post stories :>

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    26d 13h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Admittance You must admit to your speeding, regardless of your story. Don't be an ass! Grow a set and tell the officer that you know what you did was wrong and it won't be happening again. They hear this every day so put your own flair and twists into it.

Uhm no.

The second you do this, you have no chance to fight the ticket in court. The only possible way to remove the ticket violation is if you can win your case in traffic court. By admitting your guilty, you are automatically 100% legally screwed.

The number one thing, DO NOT ADMIT YOU WERE SPEEDING.

What the hell dude.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah... the guide should just say

"Drive slow and follow the speed limit"
    No need to zoom down the streets like a jack ass.

I laugh when people speed past you, and then have to stop at a red light.
    Ohh, you got so much further! xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This would be very awkward for a guy I mean they can't flirt with another guy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The guide was intended as kind of a silly, fun guide that would make you laugh and say "Oh, well I've been there"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Another tip:

Don't stop when you see the lights come on and pray your faster than the cop.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Avmo (03-06-2012),whatsupb (03-06-2012)