15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by caerfai View Post
    Agreed. When did adult humour change to mean teenage boy humour? Farts and dick jokes just don't make me laugh.
    teen boy humour can be funny in its own right, but not the way sausage party presented it
    like, even as an adult, sometimes a well-timed dick or fart joke is like... top class humour, but i feel like a lot of men like seth rogen and his weird white boy clique didnt... grow up enough to realise this? they knew teen boy humour was funny, just not... when and how to incorporate it into an actual joke.

but yeah, adult humour is pretty much taken as lewd and crude and racist and... everything awful nowadays. its tiring. theres a problem when my adult ass is tired enough of "adult" cartoons that i resort to "kids" cartoons for actual adult humour. it doesnt even need to be overtly "adult" like... it doesnt need to be about taxes or jobs or whatever the fuck. disney does pretty good adult humour in that sense.

like, i just refuse to believe you lose your entire sense of humour when you grow up, i dont believe you NEED to lose your sense of humour TO grow up, and the idea that you just... start finding this bottom of the barrel type shit funny when you grow up is fuckin stupid.

i think its even more tiring because this shit is working? people are going to sausage party, laughing their asses off, and demanding More Of This Tripe because its Refined Adult Humour... like, holy fuck, just go watch the iron giant. pick an anime to watch. theyre animated adult humour, i promise you lmfao. we really dont need to think of this as the top of the bar. the bar has been high for Animated Adult Humour for FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!! now, people just have this weird issue about watching anything animated because they associate it with kids or childishness. its tiring.

probably ironic to end a post like this, where i take everything way too goddamn seriously, with "damn ppl need to learn to have fun!" but honestly. learn to have fun. watch better cartoons.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    sometimes a well-timed dick or fart joke is like... top class humour
    Absolutely. South Park, for example, combines very immature elements of comedy and actual jokes that adults find funny very well. While the jokes content is often crass, the context is at least refined. No such luck with sausage party

You know what? It's your lucky day. Mama's feeling magnanimous today.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to caerfai For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (09-22-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by caerfai View Post
    Absolutely. South Park, for example, combines very immature elements of comedy and actual jokes that adults find funny very well. While the jokes content is often crass, the context is at least refined. No such luck with sausage party
    Hard to beat South Park though in the adult cartoon humour department. These days you can't joke around about a lot of stuff that we used to without getting sued by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk