DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I literally quit because of captchas, my internet is a potato right now and I can't use much bandwidth so they were in a convenience. When I realized they were gone I actually started lurking the boards again and doing my dailies and playing the site again for the last 2 weeks... almost bought premium again... then I realized they were back. Yeah, nice going JS...

I noticed in general that after the Captcha-nning that the neoboards got even slower than they were previously. Damn you jumpstart why do you gotta kill off the game ;-;

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    They're literally trigger inducing. *Every* time you look at a user. *Every* time you look at a pet. Zzzzzzzzzzz..

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

oventoast (08-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Awww I hate captchas oh well I usually mind my own business anyways lmao!! Praying for all those affected!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    1d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    After reCAPTCHAs where taken away at the end of July, you may have noticed that there have been more instances of increased lag on Neopets. It seems that TNT have noticed, too, and today reCAPTCHAs have been re-added to userlookups and pet lookups.

Last time, TNT were keen to stress that reCAPTCHAs would be temporary - it is unclear if that's still the case, given that they have returned within a month.
    Follow @(you need an account to see links)neo on Twitter for all the lastest.

this came from jellyneo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Ouch, this is really sad.

I thought it was a shoddy way of making sure userlookups/petlookups didn't cache, so there was no longer drama about caches. Haven't played Neopets properly for ages. To hear the real reasons is just sad

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The captchas are annoying, don't get me wrong, but they don't really hinder you from playing the game. Unless all you do all day long is snoop on lookups then why would this effect you?

I suppose the only valid argument against captchas is it makes trading for pets tedious. And all one simply has to do is create a petpage with their pet's name, color, species, an image, and their stats. Voila! Pseudo-lookup with none of the captchas. A work-around that might actually make things more efficient because you can have all your pets on one page instead of requiring people to go to multiple lookups.

To be fair I don't really go on lookups anyways. It's a habit that grew from those good 'ole days back in 2008 when people were advised to avoid lookups because of cookie grabbers or something. So personally I don't mind the captchas one way or the other. If someone wants to enlighten me how they ruin the game then I'm all ears and would love to know. =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    20d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Hate this shit so much. Honestly since they came back I've only been spending about 10 minutes a day on Neo. It's just too much of a pain for someone like me who enjoys browsing the NCC for customization inspiration. Sad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupkakez View Post
    Hate this shit so much. Honestly since they came back I've only been spending about 10 minutes a day on Neo. It's just too much of a pain for someone like me who enjoys browsing the NCC for customization inspiration. Sad.
    You know you can always take that pets name and put it into DTI to see exactly what they are wearing, right?

(Even though DTI is down right now, it's an easy fix for the problem most of the time)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    These are so irritating, especially since they don't even work with simple proxies