Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello~ So much I want to do here! & I have a lot of questions.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    38d 19h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Hello~ So much I want to do here! & I have a lot of questions.

I think I first signed up here like 3 years ago? But at the time it was more curiosity than really having a purpose.

But now I'm looking around and learning about how stuff works here. I have a lot I'd like to do. I've been a long time (10+ years) legit neo player, and have accumulated a lot of rare pets, NC, and NPs over that time. Now I'm at a point in my life where the game has taken a backseat and real life obligations mean I need money more than neopets.

I've tried to do my research on the guide threads so I have a general idea of how things go around here but there are some stuff I still don't know and can't find answers for, like:

1. Considering all my accounts are my own and everything on them is legit and secure (even the "newest" pet I own has been with me for 3 years, and about half my pets were created myself, UCs painted before conversion, the rest legitly traded), how does this affect pricing?

2. I have seen pets referred to as "PC safe" and this seems to mean they have been seen around the PC enough that people recognize it. But wouldn't a well known pet be under suspicion for suddenly changing hands without an equally rare pet in its place as a trade?

3. I noticed some people trading art for $$/UCs/etc in the services forum. I think my art is good enough to sell in this manner, and have taken $$ commissions on sites like deviantart before. How common/easy is it to sell art for $$ or UCs here? No one ever replies on threads so I assume most people express interest through PMs so it's hard to gauge interest.

4. Again, concerning I would like to sell a lot of stuff from my personal legit accounts, I assume proxies are not necessary to use when selling?

5. How to sell RW/RN pets? Obviously I can't post their names, only a format and google hit counts as I have seen others do, but how do you price these since they're so subjective in value? And what if potential buyers PM you for the name, you give it to them, then they decide they don't like it after all? It seems risky to your privacy. Does this happen often?

Thank you if anyone decides to answer these.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slumber For This Useful Post:

Sugar Rush (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Welcome to cK!

1. Not much, honestly. You may sell them quicker because they're legit, but you're probably not going to get a whole lot more money for them.

2. There's always a risk with doing anything illegit, even more so regarding the PC. But most people aren't tracking every account the UC goes to and they probably won't notice too much, especially if it's not too high-tiered.

3. It's pretty common here. We have a few threads up. I have artist friends on here who sell a couple or more commissions a week.

4. Proxies/VPNs should be used when accessing an account you've never touched before or you don't want connected to your accounts. Your main accounts shouldn't be used with an IP if you've been using them all this time with your home IP.

5. Get them PC'd by people with experience, like @(you need an account to see links) . I don't ever give out names to buyers, even in PM. I just give them ideas and formats as to what it could be.
    i love luna

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (07-18-2016),Lazuli (07-18-2016),Lincoln (07-18-2016),Slumber (07-18-2016),Sugar Rush (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    38d 19h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Nice to meet you! Thanks for the answers.

5. So, you only give the buyer the name after they have agreed to buy? It's a total surprise to them what name they bought until they receive the pet transfer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slumber View Post
    Nice to meet you! Thanks for the answers.

5. So, you only give the buyer the name after they have agreed to buy? It's a total surprise to them what name they bought until they receive the pet transfer?
    Pretty much. It makes it safer for the final buyer if the name isn't passed around.
    The buyer puts their trust into you that you'll give them something you think they will like. And a good seller will try to answer any questions the buyer has and make sure this is a name that they'd want.
    i love luna

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Slumber (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    38d 19h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Wow, I assumed seller takes all risks. I guess I'll just try to do good by my buyers then.

If you're selling from a legit personal account do you worry about your sellers just ratting you out since you don't have the protection of shells?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Wow, I assumed seller takes all risks. I guess I'll just try to do good by my buyers then.

If you're selling from a legit personal account do you worry about your sellers just ratting you out since you don't have the protection of shells?
    I would only sell to buyers with a reputation if it were coming off of my main. There are tonsss of people on here who know my main account. Obviously, you probably shouldn't tell everyone lol but if you're doing a sale to a reputable buyer, chances are there's not gonna be any problems. But, with that being said, there's always a chance that someone will turn around and say something. It's up to your judgement.
    You could always put your pets on shell accounts as well.
    i love luna

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Slumber (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

For the most part, the buyer should be taking the risks, especially when it comes to the purchasing of items and accounts. Remember that while on cK we see the value of selling and buying items (garnering interest in the site, preserving a dedicated fanbase, booze and tattoo money), it is still prohibited by the Terms and Conditions of Neopets, inc.

So when someone is buying an item, they need to realize there are inherent risks. Not all of that risk can fall onto the shoulders of the seller, because more often than not TNT can just luck into busting an illegit account. Even if everything is done safely, there's still a chance Someone could report the account on a whim and fuck everything up.

When it comes to pricing and stuff, @(you need an account to see links) has it all spot-on, as always

Good luck selling all of your items! Have the buyer go first if possible, and if not always use a middleman!
    Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-18-2016),Slumber (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Welcome (officially) to cK
    To add a little bit to Jass' last reply, you can also use a middleman

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-18-2016),Slumber (07-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    38d 19h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I saw on another guide that newbies on clraik are expected to go first. I'm ok with doing that for now since no one knows me, or find a MM for bigger transactions.

Thank you for answering my questions guys! When I have more later I'll post to the help section.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Welcome to ck