8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Stranger Things

This 8-episode show just came out on Netflix, and I'm here both to recommend it thoroughly and warn you all to stay far, far away.

"I'm bored," I thought, opening Netflix the other day. "Perhaps there's something new I can watch!"

OHO. THERE WAS. NEW SHOW. LOOKS INTERESTING. OKAY. WHY NOT GIVE IT A TRY. CAN'T HURT, RIGHT?

Wrong.

I watched all eight episodes back to back. I did not remember to eat dinner. I did not get up. I stayed glued to my laptop until one in the morning.

Watch this. Oh, god, watch this. Everyone, watch this.

....just make sure to block out about eight or nine hours before you start the first episode.

Seriously, this was a fantastic show (more like a miniseries, honestly, which I was glad about because holy shit, I could not have handled a cliffhanger and then the long wait for another series) and I recommend it wholeheartedly. I'd probably describe it as 20% X-Men, 20% Alien, and 60% something entirely its own - 80s throwback horror, suspense, and a lot of stuff that I really can't even begin to describe. If any of the above sounds like something you'd like, and you have eight or nine hours to spare, go for it.

Basically, it's awesome.

/endrant

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I watched the pilot yesterday and loved the overall vibe of the show.
    I'm trying not to watch the whole season in one sitting but... it's hard. >_>

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I just binged the whole thing yesterday and HOLY FUCK was it an intense and amazing show. I would describe it as Poltergeist meets Alien meets X-men. I would 10/10 watch it again and I even stray far away from Winona Ryder at all costs. The suspense was so good my heart was thumping, and if anyone knows me, you know it's next to impossible to freak me out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i binged it all in one day a few days after it came out. I wasn't sure i would like it because i'm not much for scary/psychological? but SO GOOD and the characters, plot, i loved it all omg. ... and aah barb, she was like an instant love for me. :' (((

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    When does this show pick up? I watched the first two episodes on Netflix. So I guess the pilot and episode 1? I am bored. And those kids annoy me enough to not want to watch it lol. "doll face" and the one who cannot talk properly. It is mean I know but they bug me so much.

I liked the creepy aspect of the show though. Not the superpowers being able to close doors with the mind but the creepy things outside part. First 5 minutes I said "I should not be watching this" lol... I am prone to nightmares just like that scene of him riding down the road and getting chased.