Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS:GO Section? (Plus CS:GO Trading)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

CS:GO Section? (Plus CS:GO Trading)

I do not know how many people on here play CS:GO but this may be a good thing to add to the site.

CS:GO (or Counter : Strike Global Offensive) is a competitive FPS where two teams of five players each play to get to 16 rounds, with a maximum of 30 rounds per game. There are two different teams, the terrorist and the counter-terrorist. The Counter-terrorist's (Or CTs for short) job is to try to hold two bomb sites, bomb site A and bomb site B, or to kill all 5 terrorists. The terrorist's job is to get a hold of a bomb site and plant a bomb on that site. Once the T's plant the bomb the CT's job turns into defusing the bomb and the T's job is to stop them for being able to defuse it by either killing them or letting the bomb timer run out. These rounds last a maximum of 3 minutes each and the first to win 16 of these rounds win the game. There is also a half time, On the 15th round the players switch roles and the CT's become the Ts and the Ts become the CTs. This game is very competitive and requires a lot of time and dedication to become good at.

While this is starting to become one of the biggest esports game out there (Tournament with a 1 Million dollar prize pool just ended) people are flocking over to the game. This game has a ranking system similar to LoL and places you in games with people in your skill group (Silver, Silver II, Silver III, Gold nova, Gold nova II, ect while the highest rank being Global Elite. This game has items known as "Skins". These skins are items you can use on your weapons to change their appearance. Skins can be in the range of 0.03 all the way up to $25,000 (Even more, I don't know the most recent expensive item sold was worth). Some collectors inventories can be over $300k.

I was thinking if maybe there are enough CS:GO players on this site maybe we could add a CS:GO section on here. On it we can discuss tournaments, teams, people can find people to play with, ect. On the CS:GO trading part which I will think will be the most active people can trade cash or neopets items for CS:GO items. I wouldn't recommend doing cash trades on here as OPskins.com is the safest way to buy skins and you cannot get scammed from there but on it is a 10% fee.

The biggest major for CS:GO was MLG Columbus 2016 with a $1,000,000 prize pool, the peak viewer count for this major was 1.6m. This major was also the first major to be in North America. It took place in Columbus, Ohio in the Nationwide Arena. The Nationwide Arena was sold out and had more than 10k people watching in the arena, I am proud to say I was there, it was awesome.

CS:GO is even on TV. Eleague is the first CS:GO league to be broadcasted to peoples homes. Every friday night on TBS the finals will be broadcasted on TV and on twitch.tv. About 150k - 386k people watch this live on TV. This is a big step in esports in places where it is not a big thing like in Korea, where esports is almost a national sport.

Do you think it will be a good thing to have a CS:GO section? Please post your opinion on this and any questions you may have.
    Last edited by NeopetsEasy; 07-14-2016 at 09:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NeopetsEasy For This Useful Post:

j03 (07-25-2016)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I highly second this. I'd be interested in both buying and selling, personally : ) Or even meeting some new people to play with.

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    im from europe so i dont really think we could play xd

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenator View Post
    im from europe so i dont really think we could play xd
    Somehow I think the ping would fuck one of us, lol >< Bummer

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Whats your rank?

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Whats your rank?
    I'm only dmg >< Well, I was a few months ago. After the patch for the ranking system, I decided to mess around with it. About a week or so ago I decided to stop being inactive and my account decayed to nova LOL soooo casually climbing back up. Played a few CEVO matches, and might stick with that though. 128 tick is.. orgasmic ><

You?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I dont even understand this 128 tick thing tbh, and when this comes up i just feel stupid as fuck not knowing what it is. Im Legendary Eagle atm, highest i was was supreme, this is all after the patch.

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Steam matchmaking servers are always 64 tick. The outside programs (CEVO, ESEA, FaceIT) are all 128. So your frames refresh at a higher rate, aka your aim/movement is a lot easier because the server is keeping up with what you're ACTUALLY doing, rather than being a little behind. Those shots you thought you should have made, you'll probably make on a 128 tick server : ) CEVO is free, though.. You should check it out : )

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haha thank you very much :3 Ive played on faceit before but didnt know it had 128 tick servers. Im getting a new computer soon :3 Hopefull i should be running on higher fps too

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    27d 15h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haha thank you very much :3 Ive played on faceit before but didnt know it had 128 tick servers. Im getting a new computer soon :3 Hopefull i should be running on higher fps too
    Ack! Grats on your new computer : ) Well send me a pm, maybe we can still chat on steam ^_^