Thread: Ugh. I'm Listening to Fox News on the Dallas Shooting. Is racism still a problem?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Ugh. I'm Listening to Fox News on the Dallas Shooting. Is racism still a problem?

I'm only hearing snippits. But she's giving this huge speech on how white people are systematically being targeted, and how this shooting means that racism is a new challenge exclusive to white people.

Now she's moving into terrorism.

How is this even a news channel?

My question is this: Do you believe racism still exists in the United States?
    Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Racism is absolutely still a problem in America. It always has been and likely always will be.
    Unfortunately, it seems like it's just ingrained in humans subconsciously that we need to group ourselves and one group has to be better than another. It's sad.

In America it varies from city to city mostly. In my city it isn't much of an issue (to my knowledge) but in big cities like Dallas where there's riots, it is clearly an issue. I think anyone claiming racism isn't an issue in America is just ignorant to the issue.
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (07-11-2016),Lincoln (07-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    Racism is absolutely still a problem in America. It always has been and likely always will be.
    Unfortunately, it seems like it's just ingrained in humans subconsciously that we need to group ourselves and one group has to be better than another. It's sad.

In America it varies from city to city mostly. In my city it isn't much of an issue (to my knowledge) but in big cities like Dallas where there's riots, it is clearly an issue. I think anyone claiming racism isn't an issue in America is just ignorant to the issue.
    I think one of the main problems is how many people seem to want to focus more on the target of racism than its existence, if that makes sense.

If I hear one more person lecture me on how bad "reverse racism" is, I might actually die. If someone is discriminating based on race, they're being racist. This isn't a competition about who has it worse. But at the same time, people need to begin to recognize that, for the majority of time and even in the present, those with darker skin have been systematically discriminated against.

It's not that people are trying to say white lives don't matter. It's that they're saying all lives matter, but right now, the way things are going, it doesn't seem like that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (07-11-2016),Raichuu (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Racism is an issue that I don't think will ever completely go away. Personally I think everyone has prejudice built into them, or else racism wouldn't even be a thing in the first place. I think it's just one of those downsides that come with having a racially diverse country, with tensions and discrimination over skin/ethnicity and all of that. It's a problem that will continue to exist, but as long as we teach the next generation to love and not to hate, it can be reduced.
    I don't even know what to say about Fox News.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irohh For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (07-11-2016),Lincoln (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    27d 21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Racism is just as rampant as ever. Absolutely no doubt there.

Change the channel, Fox News is complete garbage imho.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdtail View Post
    Racism is just as rampant as ever. Absolutely no doubt there.

Change the channel, Fox News is complete garbage imho.
    I'm gonna have to agree on that one. I'm to the point where I can't stand any American news channel. Every one of them is full with some bullshit bias to the right or left.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

starlin (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    There are no non-bias news channels in the United States. Every single one of them is either Red or Blue.

Racism is very much alive in the U.S. although it really shouldn't be. Not a single living person in the United States was a slave. Not a single living person in the United States was a slave owner.

Racism is taught. Nobody is born with a specific mindset of hatred towards another group of people.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 18h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I pretty much agree with what you've all said. Racism definitely exists, but the media is making it worse. I think it fuels people's fears and births even more racist views, particularly in people who have never even experienced direct racism themselves.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The main problem here is that you are actually giving Fox news the time of day. They are a joke of a new outlet and always have been. Just change the channel

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    There are no non-bias news channels in the United States. Every single one of them is either Red or Blue.

Racism is very much alive in the U.S. although it really shouldn't be. Not a single living person in the United States was a slave. Not a single living person in the United States was a slave owner.

Racism is taught. Nobody is born with a specific mindset of hatred towards another group of people.
    This pretty much. I was so confused why I grew up having to read book after book and write paper after paper about slavery and racism and all these sorts of subjects. I think they should change the curriculum to make it a little more accepting of everyone... teach kids how to get along and treat everyone with respect rather than ingraining these counterproductive ideas. Some people say it's important not to forget the past, but these same people are the ones that want to tear down any statue that reminds them of the civil war; can't have it both ways.

Generally speaking, our generation is much more accepting than the others that have come before us, but it's the older folks who refuse to change. The future will be brighter and more accepting though.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The main problem here is that you are actually giving Fox news the time of day. They are a joke of a new outlet and always have been. Just change the channel

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

This pretty much. I was so confused why I grew up having to read book after book and write paper after paper about slavery and racism and all these sorts of subjects. I think they should change the curriculum to make it a little more accepting of everyone... teach kids how to get along and treat everyone with respect rather than ingraining these counterproductive ideas. Some people say it's important not to forget the past, but these same people are the ones that want to tear down any statue that reminds them of the civil war; can't have it both ways.

Generally speaking, our generation is much more accepting than the others that have come before us, but it's the older folks who refuse to change. The future will be brighter and more accepting though.

100% agree, and I sure hope the following generations can fix this shit show.