29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

Pokemon Go Troubleshooting Thread

With the abundance of issues with the launch of Pokemon Go, many users are experiencing issues.

I figured we should have a place where experienced users can help new users get setup and fix any issues.
    I've got a bit of knowledge already about how to fix some issues that have been occurring so I'll offer my help when possible! As more and more people post on this thread, I'll update the original post with common issues and their solutions

Useful Links
    (you need an account to see links)

The Correct Way to Catch a Pokemon
    Here is the quickest way to catch a pokemon you're hunting in Pokemon Go. This method was developed by Reddit user (you need an account to see links).

How to Download the App (if it's not released in your country)
    Thanks to @(you need an account to see links) for the link!

Link: (you need an account to see links)

Last edited by Urbex; 07-10-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: more new info
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (07-10-2016),Cath (07-11-2016),j03 (07-10-2016),Oryx (07-13-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    27d 21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I have a question, I have opened this app a couple times and I'm having trouble finding Pok�mon... I just opened it again and found a wild one at my front door! When they show that they are "nearby", what kind of radius are we talking? For 3 footprints, for instance?

Scanned the faq but didn't see this posted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdtail View Post
    I have a question, I have opened this app a couple times and I'm having trouble finding Pok�mon... I just opened it again and found a wild one at my front door! When they show that they are "nearby", what kind of radius are we talking? For 3 footprints, for instance?

Scanned the faq but didn't see this posted.
    When you find one immediately (or shortly thereafter) after opening the app, that's because you haven't opened the app in a while so the game spawns one by you. That doesn't mean you moved closer to a Pokemon or that one spawned by you. It's just a game feature that after a period of inactivity, when the game opens one will spawn near you.

As far as I know, nobody knows the distances for the footprints. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I haven't seen anyone be able to confirm distances anywhere online yet.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Theres a massive error...

Its not yet released in the UK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    27d 21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    When you find one immediately (or shortly thereafter) after opening the app, that's because you haven't opened the app in a while so the game spawns one by you. That doesn't mean you moved closer to a Pokemon or that one spawned by you. It's just a game feature that after a period of inactivity, when the game opens one will spawn near you.

As far as I know, nobody knows the distances for the footprints. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I haven't seen anyone be able to confirm distances anywhere online yet.

I asked my mom (lol) who has caught a bunch. She said in her experience 3 prints is a couple blocks, 2 is a short walk, and 1 is very close. No official distances, just her experience.

Good to know about the one spawned, I was wondering how I got that lucky. Lol. I'll be checking at all my client's houses today!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ughhhh...I was so excited when I downloaded Po-go. But then all the bugs/errors I couldn't even login!!!

A few days later when I successfully got it to work (OMG yayyyy), no pokemons showed up. I checked at school, on the bus, at my house, at the grocery store, etc. No pokeshop, nope nothing, and then a bulbasaur magically showed up (OMG cryyyyy) I tapped on it and opps, error got logged out. Needless to say, when I logined again, it poofed and back to an empty screen...! Fml!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serais View Post

Not sure if you know this, but so many people I know are playing this in the UK

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

Urbex (07-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serais View Post

It sounds like it should be coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdtail View Post
    I asked my mom (lol) who has caught a bunch. She said in her experience 3 prints is a couple blocks, 2 is a short walk, and 1 is very close. No official distances, just her experience.

Good to know about the one spawned, I was wondering how I got that lucky. Lol. I'll be checking at all my client's houses today!
    I'd agree with your mom. I wish we knew actual distances but those descriptions appear to be accurate thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by MoaMoa View Post
    Ughhhh...I was so excited when I downloaded Po-go. But then all the bugs/errors I couldn't even login!!!

A few days later when I successfully got it to work (OMG yayyyy), no pokemons showed up. I checked at school, on the bus, at my house, at the grocery store, etc. No pokeshop, nope nothing, and then a bulbasaur magically showed up (OMG cryyyyy) I tapped on it and opps, error got logged out. Needless to say, when I logined again, it poofed and back to an empty screen...! Fml!
    That's very strange..perhaps there's just nothing near you? Do you have friends who have stuff appear? At the very least Pokemon should be spawning if you're on a walk or driving. I've had the same issue with pokemon disappearing though, very annoying indeed

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vj87 View Post
    Not sure if you know this, but so many people I know are playing this in the UK

Added this to the original post. Thanks!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Im on android :c

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My classmates also experienced the same thing. They thought it was prob the campus wi-fi, completely 100% pokemon-free...! I did see a few while on the bus but well, couldn't really catch them (unless I jumped off or smth)

I just saw rattata a while back but it was in a construction zone. In total, I saw 4 pokemons, so avg 1 per day...! It's weird they don't give out starters like in the other poke games. Either that, or it was bugged out and that bulbasaur was supposed to be my starter. Couldn't tell at this point.

But yeah, basically nothing where I live. If I want to catch something, I prob need to go somewhere and trespass: