Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could become a cyborg would you do it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

If you could become a cyborg would you do it?

This Idea has been bothering me about 7 years.

The only thing making us what we are is our brains, so if it was placed in a tank and you would lose all your ability to use any of your senses except thought for 400-500 years until it could be placed into a cybernetic body. would you do it to live forever?

I personally would do anything to trade my body for a cybernetic one.
    I don't care if I cant feel, reproduce or taste when I attach myself to one because I know given time it would come back to me in a thousand years or so thanks to human ingenuity. When I think of the internet I always see it as an attachment of myself a or vein running within me that should never be taken away.

I want to know the last thought of humanity as it perishes in its doom
    The only time I feel human is when I bleed or love a girl or a family member and since that does not happen often I want to cheat death and keep my brain alive.

Of course to do this my body must be lost
    I am at age 21 and that is about 1/4 of a mans life that I can never go back to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    yes! as long as cyborgs get girls still
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Nah I don't think I would.

I've seen just about enough stupidity, death, and what I need to see of the human race.

From here I'd just like to start living my life and do me; settle down, retired, and then eventually die.

But at the rate things are going, I'm more worried about actually getting to that point. Things seem to be going down the shitter lately, scares me a bit.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    yes! as long as cyborgs get girls still
    You won't be able to feel shit though.
    You will still have girls around you... but can't /do/ anything with them lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    eh, maybe not then, that and the not tasting stuff ect loses everything enjoyable about life, you would just live forever...
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Nah I don't think I would.

I've seen just about enough stupidity, death, and what I need to see of the human race.

From here I'd just like to start living my life and do me; settle down, retired, and then eventually die.

But at the rate things are going, I'm more worried about actually getting to that point. Things seem to be going down the shitter lately, scares me a bit.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

You won't be able to feel shit though.
    You will still have girls around you... but can't /do/ anything with them lol
    sperm bank bro and given time a good scientist could attach the nerves of the penis to a metallic piece and it would feel the same. Our brains work with electric signals so the wiring needed could be very simple but there might be some lag lol. They do this with people who change their sexual orientation, all they do is rearrange the nerves to the right places.

Not all humans are stupid I am sure there is an intelligence that matches yours in an attractive partner.
    I think I want that and the intelligence of everyone on earth if I could accomplish this I might find a way to rip through the walls of the universe and remove myself from its end.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'd just like a normal lilfe. I don't wanna be a cyborg.
    I like the joy of living too much. Pain is good in some cases, it reminds you youre human (;
    But then feeling like a million bucks is also good... everyone has those days.
    I think a cyborg would just be a far off fantasy. It would be cool to experience it for a day or so, but I wouldn't want it forever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Maybe I would have very nice eyes and some better intern organs. But I would transform any other extern part because being a robot is weird when everyone else is human.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No. I think this question is inadvertently a question of whether you fear death or not. Let me remind you that Cyborg or not, we are going to die eventually. Cyborg or not, eventually nobody will remember we even existed, just like how we remember very few people beyond 2500 years ago. If you choose to delay this by sacrificing the majority of what makes you human, I guess that's up to you. I think the human experience is a fascinating and beautiful occurrence in the events of our vast universe, and that we are meant to evolve as a race, not devolve into a machine. Besides, I have about 14 billion years experience of not existing, I'm not worried.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

John (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Cyborg is a great and all however I would NOT want to be one. End of question!
    It might help you live longer but you are a cyborg and people WILL have different view about you one you turn into one.
    And Cyborg might/can be countrol by some freaking hacker or some unknown organization or wost the government.
    Last edited by DarkBlinker; 03-03-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    no and yes if i had full controll i totally would but if not no