Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we have any Metalheads in the building?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Angry Do we have any Metalheads in the building?

From the classics like sabbath to the newest, heaviest of the heavy, are you a fan of all things Heavy Metal?

I'd have to say my favorite metal bands are Pantera, Death, & Dissection. Something about those bands just speaks to me. And I've been playing all their songs on guitar for about 8 years now, and they're some of the most fun bands to "play with" (except for jazz, ofc. Frank Sinatra and Django Reinhardt ftw!) and just totally rock out to. If only I'd have seen Pantera before Dimebag died..

Also, here's some new news from the world of metal:
    "In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Arin Ilejay reveals he felt 'shocked and scared' after being fired from Avenged Sevenfold by Synyster Gates."

I couldn't help but laugh. A lot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I like metal.
    I like so much music.

Metallica, Mot�rhead, Alice in Chains, Judas priest... and a lot of the newer bands... though I stay away from the Heavy metal/death metal and stick to metal or rock i think more often now than when i was younger.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah, that's totally understandable. Me, I went straight into heavier stuff as I got older, thought I never left behind the classics. Sabbath, .38 Special, Boston, etc. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    My husband is into a ton of metal.. and recently converted me to new stuff, but I've always been a big fan of Ozzy :')
    I love Opeth too.. and Dethklok's earlier but not earliest stuff (after they started getting a little serious with the lyrics lol)
    MMmm and recently got into A Perfect Circle and Whitechapel as well.
    I'm.. not sure if Rammstein is considered metal.. I guess it's kinda closer to hard rock? I've been a big fan of them ever since 2006ish. Always wanted to make it to one of their concerts. Too bad they hate Americans.

Also @(you need an account to see links) love the mysterious stranger avatar + location. I recently got my hub into Fallout (he never played it before) and lost him for about two months. Also, suddenly my house is full of bobbleheads and funko pop memorabilia.. ??! he's totally obsessed xD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shizuku For This Useful Post:

Set (06-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Rest in Peace Dimebag Darrel. Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power album is and always will be one of my favorites of all time. Also, I got to see Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio while they were on their Heaven and Hell tour with Megadeth! :0_0: It was such an amazing experience. Dio played for about 4 hours, my dad ended up knocking some guy out because he kept walking back and forth in front of us and running into us, some guy threw a beer up to the stage and Dio caught it right side up and chugged it and threw the cup back to the crowd. It was bad ass as hell. #1 as far as concerts I've been to, #2 would be Slipknot with Lamb of God and Shadow's Fall.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuku View Post
    My husband is into a ton of metal.. and recently converted me to new stuff, but I've always been a big fan of Ozzy :')
    I love Opeth too.. and Dethklok's earlier but not earliest stuff (after they started getting a little serious with the lyrics lol)
    I'm.. not sure if Rammstein is considered metal.. I guess it's kinda closer to hard rock? I've been a big fan of them ever since 2006ish. Always wanted to make it to one of their concerts. Too bad they hate Americans.

Also @(you need an account to see links) love the mysterious stranger avatar + location. I recently got my hub into Fallout (he never played it before) and lost him for about two months. Also, suddenly my house is full of bobbleheads and funko pop memorabilia.. ??! he's totally obsessed xD

I have every single one of Rammstein's albums lol Sehnsucht is my favorite.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Set (06-23-2016),Shizuku (06-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha
    I have every single one of Rammstein's albums lol Sehnsucht is my favorite.
    Nice! Ironically, Sehnsucht is the only one I've ever bought, though I lost it while moving. Keep hoping it'll show up, because it was in a large case of cds that's missing but no luck yet. Probably tucked away at my parents' somewhere.
    I really love their lyrics. They're the sole reason I took an interest in learning German. Unfortunately a country twang kept me from pronouncing anything properly so I lost interest. xD Maybe I'll pick it up again one day..
    Engel is definitely my favorite song of theirs, though. It might not be a crowd favorite but it was one of the first I heard and it blew my mind. And now I'm going to youtube to listen to them Sorry, neighbors.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Ah, I love Ozzy! & Fucking Dethklok. Lmao. They definitely got more serious, but Dethalbum I & II will forever be masterpieces.
    Oh, and Rammstein. Yes. I love rammstein, I'd personally consider them pretty metal. Their song Pussy is wicked funny. They do indeed hate America though. Sigh.

& Thank you! I thought it was a little clever. xD Fallout is definitely my favorite game of all time. It's so sick. I've always wanted to get some of those bobbleheads ;~;

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Rest in Peace Dimebag Darrel. Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power album is and always will be one of my favorites of all time. Also, I got to see Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio while they were on their Heaven and Hell tour with Megadeth! :0_0: It was such an amazing experience. Dio played for about 4 hours, my dad ended up knocking some guy out because he kept walking back and forth in front of us and running into us, some guy threw a beer up to the stage and Dio caught it right side up and chugged it and threw the cup back to the crowd. It was bad ass as hell. #1 as far as concerts I've been to, #2 would be Slipknot with Lamb of God and Shadow's Fall.
    Vulgar Display is my favorite album ever, man. Like, literally, has been for as long as I can remember, probably forever will be. Aw damn! THE Ronnie James Dio? You're extremely lucky, I never got the chance to go see him. & lmao sounds like that guy deserved a good KO, you can't be doing that. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Ah, I love Ozzy! & Fucking Dethklok. Lmao. They definitely got more serious, but Dethalbum I & II will forever be masterpieces.
    Oh, and Rammstein. Yes. I love rammstein, I'd personally consider them pretty metal. Their song Pussy is wicked funny. They do indeed hate America though. Sigh.

& Thank you! I thought it was a little clever. xD Fallout is definitely my favorite game of all time. It's so sick. I've always wanted to get some of those bobbleheads ;~;

They're all over the place online Check out the Deathclaw plush Bethesda showed off on facebook a couple months back if you didn't know about that one yet! It's pretty cool.
    I wish they had more memorabilia for New Vegas in particular, though. /end hijack of thread oops sorry!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    They're all over the place online Check out the Deathclaw plush Bethesda showed off on facebook a couple months back if you didn't know about that one yet! It's pretty cool.
    I wish they had more memorabilia for New Vegas in particular, though. /end hijack of thread oops sorry!
    Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to buying one xD & I just checked it out... OMG it's awesome ;_;
    Lol it's cool! I love talking about fallout almost as much as I love music :o

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Oh, and Rammstein. Yes. I love rammstein, I'd personally consider them pretty metal.
    Their live shows are most definitely metal, epic band!

Lean more towards heavy rock but Avatar, Sabaton and Cane Hill are my top three listened to metal bands right now. Anthrax and Machine Head will always be music gods to me, even though the latter have lost a lot of their ferocity.