Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 16h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I need help

This isn't in the help section because it's about physical fitness alright

So I have worked out maybe 2x in the last 4 years (severe depression made me bed bound hell yea). I am really thin and have just about no muscle mass, and my lack of exercise is really starting to make itself known in my life and I know I need to change it but I have absolutely no idea how to start. Anyone have advice for me here on what I should do? It would be extremely appreciated

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    You need to build up muscle gal! It's all about diet, what do you usually eat during the week?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I would start off at home with:

Push ups
    Sit ups
    Squats
    ect

Do 5 of all x3 reps for starters and build it up,

after you feel better maybe take up running, early or at night to avoid people.

you'll need lots of protein in your diet so; Eggs, Chicken, meat, veg ect

try to stay away from junk food

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    29d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    On facebook follow Bodyrocktv It's a fitness channel mostly geared towards women and they will spam your wall with lots of useful information. The best place to start is increase what you eat, thats how you are going to stop being a twig. The subreddit /fit is also a good place to ask for help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Go with dumbells. No need to over exert yourself, if you are weak and you push yourself into something that does not want to happen like 20 pushup when you cannot do 1 you can really damage your muscles. So dumbells will help prevent that since you can do simple movements with little resistence. 5lbs or less is fine to start.

I use this workout routine since I need simple, quick, and nothing overly physical. You are not in pain for days after with this routine.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I couldn't walk right for a week after doing a session of Insanity x.x

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I would definitely recommend doing weights or exercises that make use of your own body weight such as those Serais has mentioned. Try to look at the mirror to make sure you have the posture/movement right to prevent injury. For push ups, you can start with girly push ups to build strength. When you're strong enough then progress to the normal push ups.

If strictly physical kind of work outs aren't your thing, you could try yoga/pilates? those help with building some muscles too especially when you work on poses that build strength. Maybe it'll help you relax and feel better, not a cure for depression by any means, but I hear exercise in general helps because your body releases endorphins.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serais View Post
    I couldn't walk right for a week after doing a session of Insanity x.x
    I felt like I was dying after my first time with Insanity! I like Focus T25 better. It's not as extreme but still a good workout.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 16h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    You need to build up muscle gal! It's all about diet, what do you usually eat during the week?
    High fruit + carb usually while monitoring that I get at least 50g of protein. Can't build muscle when I don't do anything u__u

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    High fruit + carb usually while monitoring that I get at least 50g of protein. Can't build muscle when I don't do anything u__u
    Mhm, but diet and exercise walk hand-in-hand in this case.
    Maybe you should start off with a goooood and complete breakfast that includes eggs, butter, milk, cheese, yogurt (I suggest greek) etc! Avoid eating too much bread and avoid anything with too much sugar, consume fruits in moderation since they also have sugar and all. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day I'm sure you've heard it!
    Then for lunch and dinner you can have red meat, fish (salmon god tier), chicken (breast is better), pork and if you want to snack and like sunflower seeds and peanuts go all out because these foods are all high protein.
    Also drink lots of water.

For exercises you could start with push-ups, jogging, cardio in general, there also many others that you can look up on the internet because I forgot their names.