Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Teeth Surgery SUCCESS stories?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    If you gave a choice between sitting in the doctors office getting needles in the gums or an outpatient surgery procedure where the only needle you get is a small IV in the hand...take the outpatient procedure. One small poke and the rest you will not remember.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    It's honestly not that bad. I had three impacted and one coming through the gums sideways.

Definitely opt for the out patient procedure though as needles in the gum are really painful. You're going to be better off not remembering a damn thing.

Pain wise, took me a week to get back to eating normal foods. Though I was just terrified of getting food in the holes and making it worse. Just eat soft foods and soup.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 11h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    With mine, I went in had no idea they'd get to them right away so I was unprepared for the day. They had horrible bedside manners and didn't numb my mouth properly with their general anesthesia. Needless to say.. It fucking hurt. And they didn't apologize for their horrible manners. They didn't wait long enough for it to make my mouth go numb so it was shit. Buuuut don't let my story scare you. The way they'll do yours is so so much better.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Either or. Just don't take pain killers on an empty stomach. I'm a small person and they gave me strong painkillers, which probably didn't help the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    With the meds, says right on the bottle do not take on an empty stomach. That is what they mean by meals. It helps with absorption.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I also hate needles..very much. After they gave me the IV, I was knocked out and woke up a little confused but feeling fine. Bleeding is normal, so is not being able to open your mouth all the way. I got mine out on a Friday morning. Saturday morning I went tubing on a lake and was eating regular foods. It's all about your pain tolerance
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    thank you, everyone, for your responses ... ;_; i still feel very nervous about this Monday but i've been researching as much as I can to better understand the procedure and what I need to do beforehand and after, as well as reading what everyone has said here ofc <3

I probably won't be able to stop being scared when Monday comes, but I feel a lot more confident now that it will be okay and it will go a lot better than I think it will.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Helloooo! My wisdom teeth surgery actually went great! I had the IV and it barely hurt at all. The last part I remember is her telling me that she's going to ask me to count down soon -- apparently I did count down and don't remember! I also don't remember walking down the hall into another room entirely, but I did! So no worries there, the procedure itself was fine.

Afterwards, I had some pain, but honestly not a lot? Cleaning my mouth out with saltwater was honestly the worst part of the entire ordeal. On day 3, which is widely considered to be the worst day, my dad actually made me go on a 14 mile bike ride, using my helmet to keep the ice packs squished to my cheeks, haha. The pain was diminished greatly by day 3/4 and honestly it wasn't even that bad in the first place. Like an ache after working out. Good luck! (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    my whiole jaw was hurting all the time and i was getting headaches from them

got them taken out, was totally under as one or two was lodged in my bone and stuck and that was causing the pain. woke up and was telling the nurses how nice my mom is lmao
    then i took vicodin and slept a lot and ate mashed sweet potatoes

0 problems, would do it again to just get rid of them

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My teeth are out and I feel great.

Absolutely fantastic. everything went smoothly, the IV was a prick but not excruciatingly bad, passed out and woke up with my mouth numb and all four teeth taken care of. I am honestly surprised it went so well but it did and now I've been recovering slowly and living off milkshakes, slushies, and soup. thanks a ton to everyone for hte encouragement, the advice, and overall company leading up to this past Monday - now it's done and over with and I feel better than I did a week ago!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnlocktomboy For This Useful Post:

Aura (06-15-2016),DJ Music Man (06-16-2016),hissi (06-15-2016),Sakuras (06-15-2016),Shizuku (06-16-2016)