Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious weight gain help needed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Serious weight gain help needed.

Okay, so basically I signed up at my local gym today because I seriously need to build up and PUT ON WEIGHT!

I've always been skinny but didn't think it was a problem... I went to the gym today, had a good session then checked my weight... and I'm 54kg (8.5 stone) and I'm 5'10"/5'11".

It really hit home how bad I've gotten, I've recently stopped smoking cannabis after heavily smoking it for around 2 years now (I'm 16 years old) and have completely lost my appetite.

The short and narrow is that I NEED to put on weight so I even feel comfortable with my top off. Any of you fitness guru's have any advice on what supplements I should get? I.e weight gain powder/protein powder/both/combined?

It has been really difficult for me to post this here so I'd appreciate it if nobody took the piss...

Oh and also I'm a pretty heavy smoker, but I am working on this as we speak.
    I'M GIVING AWAY FREE RARE PETS (you need an account to see links)

Pets donated: 9
    Pets available: 29!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    8h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    go to the gym to gain weight? thats the most confusing thing ive ever read. i reccomend eating those powders that give u man-tits and eat alot of cake lol and smoke weed alot lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStoned420 View Post
    go to the gym to gain weight? thats the most confusing thing ive ever read. i reccomend eating those powders that give u man-tits and eat alot of cake lol and smoke weed alot lol
    He wants muscle, not fat.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    8h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i mis-interpreted the title then.
    i reccomend doing alot of execise then. powders n all that are un-necessary. weed makes u lazy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thing is, he can't make muscles out of nothing.
    Eat those cakes and then work out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorJS View Post
    Okay, so basically I signed up at my local gym today because I seriously need to build up and PUT ON WEIGHT!

I've always been skinny but didn't think it was a problem... I went to the gym today, had a good session then checked my weight... and I'm 54kg (8.5 stone) and I'm 5'10"/5'11".

It really hit home how bad I've gotten, I've recently stopped smoking cannabis after heavily smoking it for around 2 years now (I'm 16 years old) and have completely lost my appetite.

The short and narrow is that I NEED to put on weight so I even feel comfortable with my top off. Any of you fitness guru's have any advice on what supplements I should get? I.e weight gain powder/protein powder/both/combined?

It has been really difficult for me to post this here so I'd appreciate it if nobody took the piss...

Oh and also I'm a pretty heavy smoker, but I am working on this as we speak.
    Dont listen to these kids. I used to be skinny too at 67kgs. Im now 94kgs at 6'4 naturally. Low body fat.

Taking supplements will help you gain muscle probably X2 times faster but this is muscle than can be lost when you stop supplements.
    Its not a bad idea to mix things up supplements + natural foods. Dont go heavy on the supplements until you get a better understanding of your own body and its needs. You can eventually switch to supplements but do not at first.

Smoking (cigarettes, Weed, cannabis, etc) will boost your metabolism and your body will burn food at a much faster rate. So stop eating and doing things that boost your metabolism unnecessarily.

So basically you need to work on two things to put on muscle which is Diet (70%) and Exercise (30%)
    Diet: 5000 good calories minimum per day. Eat lots of carbs and proteins.
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day & big meal before you sleep to put on weight.
    Many people eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones so that they get constant energy throughout.
    It is important to get your calories from good sources (look them up) [milk, eggs, beef], not junk food.
    Junk food will just make you lazy.
    Drink a lot of water.
    Do not make the mistake of just eating proteins, you need to eat a lot of carbs too.
    Eat balanced meals of vegetables/fruits/good fats (peanut butter/search more)

Exercise: minimize cardio as it will further boost your metabolism but do not ignore it completely since it is an essential part of training.
    Lift heavy and go for Low reps to build strength (mental).
    Lift moderate with moderate sets to build size (physical).
    Lift light with high reps to build endurance (stamina).
    You can lift anyway you want, depending on how your body responds to each exercise. It is all too individual based and there is no right answer and following your friends routine or your trainers routine will only get you so far. Try everything out and see what works for you. This is just the basic science of lifting. Everyone is different though.
    Remember not to over-train because it will lead to a further reduction in your muscle size. Train as much as your body can handle.

Supplements:
    Whey Protein is good after and before workout.
    Creatine helps you keep gains and muscle is not lost as easily if you take it
    Weight gain shakes are taken when you have no 'raw materials' for building muscle (a little bit of fat is needed to build muscle).
    Eggs is your best source of natural protein with 95% digestable proteins. Proteins exist in many foods such as chicken, beef, milk, etc but even if something contains a lot of protein does not mean all of it can be used by the body. A lot is lost in the process of digestion.

Useful Links for you:
    What are body types? (you need an account to see links)
    Which one am I? (you need an account to see links)
    How should I train? (you need an account to see links)
    What do I eat? (just an example) (you need an account to see links)

Body Type: There are usually 3 different body types and the exercise and diet is different for each. To complicate things, people are usually a mix of two body types. So look that up and come up with your own conclusion.

Motivation: (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Wisdom: (you need an account to see links)

You now have all the information you need. The road is long and hard. Body building is a lifestyle and not something you can do for a month and quit. Balance is the key to everything. Make your own decisions and wish you a happy life.
    Last edited by plsmy1; 03-02-2012 at 05:34 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to plsmy1 For This Useful Post:

Slasher (03-02-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    NO WORRIES MATE, EXPERT WEIGHT GAINER HERE.

I've been up and around weight gain and weight loss. I've had several bouts with anorexia, meaning several bouts of weight gain.
    I think the above post covered several key points, i've just got a little more to add:

calculate your BMR - this is how many calories it takes to maintain your weight based on your BMI and your activity. add 500-800 calories more, each day, to gain weight at a steady .7-1.2kgs a week. if you're not gaining, add another 500 calories gradually.
    as for foods, fruit and veggies are a foundation, but obviously, they're pretty low-calorie and filling.
    try eating more protein and healthy fats. i've never been a huge fan of carbs, but you should keep them in proportion to the amount of carbs to eat. eg. don't eat ham slices and turkey drumsticks. pair them with carbs. carbs are really important if you're planning to bulk up and put on muscle.
    protein shakes, whey shakes, whatever, are a good idea, but i think they're quite artificial. IMO, a more cost-effective method would be just to make your own homemade milkshakes.
    milk, yogurt (try full fat instead of that skimpy shit), frozen fruit, honey.

as for snacks to add on calories:
    try nuts. whenever you're bored, just grab a handful of nuts and munch on them
    muffins are nice too, now that i think of it.
    peanut butter i put that sh on everything
    dip your bread in olive oil, and cook your vegetables in it too
    smoothies, milkshakes
    add more cheese to your meals.
    i;m something of a health nut so i add flax/chia seed to my yogurt, and i love quinoa crackers

and well. that's my two cents.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Go and eat at fast food restaurants everyday lol and I promise your gonna gain fat and weight! A little fat shouldn't hurt lol, but you will gain weight.
    At least you don't weigh 140 pounds like me.

Try the Mc. Donalds diet?
    Last edited by Emiley; 03-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    He wants a lot of protein, protein builds fat which you can turn into muscle when you work out i would suggest eating a 3000-4000 calorie diet consisting of lots of protein and starch

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Look at protein powders, Whey protein is usually less calories, but there are different protein powders that contain more calories, since youre goal is to gain weight more calories is good. Also! Don't drink too much of the protein powder, anywhere after like 50g or so of protein you will just pee away so make sure to read up on that. Besides that, do lots of weight lifting, and only some light cardio, just so you don't end up as the most unhealthy big guy. Good luck!
    J_L_K_64 rules you