Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your opinions on the transsexual bathroom debate?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I stopped liking anything at 666 and that's cool that I'm mentioned 333 times LOL illuminati confirmed
    LMAO my thoughts exactly. too sp00ky for me mang

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    I'm glad, though, that these issues are being brought to light. If it weren't for these debates I wouldn't have known much about what the trans community struggles with as it was a topic that simply wasn't in my line of focus. Now that it is, I've been reading a lot about human sexuality and what it means to the individual - and am creating my own values based on that.

I have a few questions for the lgbt community:

1. What are some issues that you face in your life - pertaining to your sexuality and how others perceive you - that you would like straight people to understand?
    2. What are some things in our straight culture that you find oppressive?
    3. What actions would you like for society and the individual to take to help integrate your rights and experiences into our culture so that it is fully blended and we are all accepted?
    I actually face very few issues, I'm in a comfortable middle class sort of life, I've come out to friends and my family and they've been wonderful about it. My grandparents are a bit old fashioned catholics but they've never tried to change my mind. And it's not really straight people for me, the T at the end is for Trans and trans people can be straight or gay, so it's not straight people. It's just Normal people in general. 1% of the population isn't even a blip on the radar of a nation with 350 million people I never expect them to have met someone like me. If I introduce myself as a man they don't think anything of it.
    I don't find anything oppressive, straight people rather normal people are a wide variety of cultures, I think the religious fundamentalists are probably the only people who really can't stand the idea of LGBT people, and perhaps it means that religious culture needs to update but that takes time. Culture is a many faceted thing and there's no way to force it to conform you have to let it naturally evolve as the culture around it evolves.
    We've already had incredible strides in rights, and I think in general the average person is okay with LGBT or have no opinion at all, and that's for the best. If you want to be seen as just another person then the best way to do it is to be unassuming, and in generally a good person. You get what you give and if you give support and love you'll get it in return. It's not always easy to do as you preach but it's always been my philosophy, that if I want good done onto me I have to first understand and be good onto others.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Raposa (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I think that if someone is inclined to molest children in a bathroom, they aren't going to give a shit if they're supposed to be in a bathroom. Contrary to Disney shows, a guy going to pee in the girl's bathroom isn't met with screams and police-- we aren't living in the fifties. Honestly, if I saw a girl in a bathroom with me, I'd just assume it was a unisex bathroom or I was in the wrong one. It's not a huge deal as it is, but if it were, why would criminals give a shit about it?

I truly believe that the people making the argument that unisex bathroom laws are "raping children" are looking for a politically correct way to be scared of trans guys and gals.

No one is aiding child molesters. At the very least, legislation involving trans and unisex bathrooms helps to alleviate a serious issue for an increasingly vocal portion of our population.

Pee where you want to, it's no skin off my back.
    Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Raposa (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I think the whole issue is ridiculous. Like where do people think those who are trans/LGBTQ have been using washrooms before this whole thing happened? It's just unnecessary to make it a huge issue if you ask me.
    Last edited by Huntera; 06-26-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Honestly that's the biggest problem. They take an issue that no one had even an opinion on and force them to take a political opinion on it. Like, it wasn't an issue, then they forced everyone ot think of it as such. Which is pretty ironic, they shot themselves in the foot by drawing unnecessary amounts of attention to trans people.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (06-27-2016),Huntera (06-27-2016),Raposa (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Since the Orlando shooting gave the GOP a chance to focus on muslim hating over gay bashing I haven't seen anyone bring up trans people in bathrooms. I wish people would finally realize that this party is bs and all they do is pick random non-issues and whip them up into issues to scare people into voting for them because they have no actual platforms of substance to run on.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teqkilla For This Useful Post:

direwolf (06-28-2016),Raposa (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Personally I am indifferent. I really don't care. You wanna go and pee in the mens restroom. Sweet. You wanna take a dumb in the women. Awesome. If it bothers you don't use a public restroom? Use the family restroom. Whatever.

My mother and I argue about this all the time. Her argument hinges on pedophiles and it drives me up a fucking wall.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    A toilet is a toilet, who cares about the genders behind public washroom doors?
    You're there to do your business and get out of there, not feel offended about who walks in and uses the facilities.
    I've read about people being worried about child molesters (which by the way, wtf? lol),
    but regardless -- a door with a male or female sign on it won't stop a predator from entering it?

It all seems silly to me.
    Who cares which stall a person pees in.
    Do your business and carry on with your day~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Agree completely reow, a toilet is just a toilet, even regardless of gender. Don't get me wrong its best kept seperate between males and females, as typically girls don't want men peeing on their seat lol. However for me, if someone who was born a man but now identifies as a woman or vice versa, they have right to use the bathroom that is of the gender who they identify as.

Minorities have been pushing for equality for the longest time, and strides have been made in the right direction towards this especially in the last generation. But you have to remember, while strides have been made there is always going to be people on the other side who have something against the equality. It is why it is such a hot topic in politics. Many politicians bring equality into their debates as a way to swing voters to their side, irregardless of what side of the coin they happen to be on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    "Don't get me wrong its best kept seperate between males and females, as typically girls don't want men peeing on their seat lol"

@(you need an account to see links) -- I can't tell you how many times I've went to use a public washroom only to see pee all over the seat, or blood that wasn't flushed yet. Women can be pretty damn disgusting, trust me! XD