Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your opinions on the transsexual bathroom debate?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Transgender people should be allowed to use the restroom corresponding to there gender identity, which is the only one that matters. I don't even see why this is such a big debate. If a person was born male but chose to become a women because that is the gender to which she felt she belonged, to force her to use the men's bathroom can be embarrassing and humiliating for her while I see no harm in letting her use the women restroom. Transgender people should not have to go through that on a daily basis just because some people are to prejudiced to accept them as they are.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gilly777 For This Useful Post:

hissi (06-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    We have all been sharing bathrooms with LGBTQ persons for a very long time. It is only now that it is in the spotlight that people suddenly "care". It is not some big grandiose problem or issue it is a problem because people want to make it a problem. Just close the stall door when you go to the bathroom if one is so paranoid.
    Exactly. Though, I feel like the only reason it was put in the spotlight to begin with was to fuel this entire LGBT movement that just recently blew up. I don't really care either way, I just wish people would stop making such a big deal about it. Sigh. I don't care what you do in the bedroom, or the bathroom, or anything. Really. I don't. LOL. So if the LGBT community would chill out and the anti-gay community would chill out then maybe we'd be a little more peaceful.
    Meanwhile, while America is arguing about bathrooms, who's sucking whose pole, who hates which candidate, who hates which religion, people starve to death every day, our ecosystem is being fucked by toxic waste being poured into our oceans, and honestly, we seem to be forgetting that we're being threatened by terrorists at every turn.

I grieve for my country. I really do.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Set For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (06-22-2016),Witchy1 (07-18-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    IF THEY WONT LET ME PISS IN THE BATHROOMS ILL JUST PISS OUTSIDE THE BATHROOMS ITS YOUR CHOICE OBAMA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Banannie (06-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    IF THEY WONT LET ME PISS IN THE BATHROOMS ILL JUST PISS OUTSIDE THE BATHROOMS ITS YOUR CHOICE OBAMA
    I agree with this 100%%%%%%

If you identify as a certain gender, go into the bathroom you identify as. Simple as that. I don't understand why it's a problem for people (besides "religious views" which I don't find valid) like it's okay for people of certain faiths to bathe their feet in my bathroom, what's wrong with someone who identifies as a man to use my bathroom?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

hissi (06-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Yo transgender fella here, all I gots to say is: I go into the mens room, I go to a stall, use restroom and then leave. No one has ever asked or questioned me. If you pass and you use the bathroom no one will even god damned notice.

Hell I've had bad passing days and no one noticed, people who need to pee are not looking at people as they relieve themselves. Literally this non-issue has been blown out of proportion by putting a spotlight on it. Most people are ignorant of Transgender people and never gave a damn before they were told they needed to have an opinion and they're just going with whatever political leader they supported.

And it's always bathrooms, what about dressing rooms in department stories? I dunno it's dumb.

I think it's all a bit ridiculous cause it's always "What about pedophiles in the girls room?" and they never even consider the mens room, like so what little boys with their dads aren't going to be effected? It's only a problem if its a MAN in the women's room?

Really shows that the issue isn't with trans people, it's that people immediately think men are predators, which is super gross IMO.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Banannie (06-22-2016),DJ Music Man (06-22-2016),hissi (06-22-2016),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (06-22-2016),Witchy1 (07-18-2016)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    the entire argument is absolutely ridiculous, and it simply seems to have spawned as a result of some form of backlash to an issue that never or rather, hasn't been one in the past. talk about paranoia. you know that book 'everybody poops'? certain people apparently need to have several copies delivered to their front doors.

as @(you need an account to see links) said, the whole thing about marginalizing a specific type of person being a predator is unbelievably uncomfortable to me. all it leads to is resentment. it's never right to shove an entire group of people under an umbrella, and make them appear to be 'the enemy' to another group. it's just as harmful as the other social stigmas we have of each other.
    Last edited by Hydrapple; 06-22-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    dunno what to do with this...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydrapple For This Useful Post:

Set (06-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm glad, though, that these issues are being brought to light. If it weren't for these debates I wouldn't have known much about what the trans community struggles with as it was a topic that simply wasn't in my line of focus. Now that it is, I've been reading a lot about human sexuality and what it means to the individual - and am creating my own values based on that.

I have a few questions for the lgbt community:

1. What are some issues that you face in your life - pertaining to your sexuality and how others perceive you - that you would like straight people to understand?
    2. What are some things in our straight culture that you find oppressive?
    3. What actions would you like for society and the individual to take to help integrate your rights and experiences into our culture so that it is fully blended and we are all accepted?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    I'm glad, though, that these issues are being brought to light. If it weren't for these debates I wouldn't have known much about what the trans community struggles with as it was a topic that simply wasn't in my line of focus. Now that it is, I've been reading a lot about human sexuality and what it means to the individual - and am creating my own values based on that.

I have a few questions for the lgbt community:

1. What are some issues that you face in your life - pertaining to your sexuality and how others perceive you - that you would like straight people to understand?
    2. What are some things in our straight culture that you find oppressive?
    3. What actions would you like for society and the individual to take to help integrate your rights and experiences into our culture so that it is fully blended and we are all accepted?

I'm very interested in seeing the responses to these questions. I have never really known much about the LGBT community although I have always been accepting and non-judgemental to anything they wish to improve their lives and integrate to a more accepting community.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Banannie (06-22-2016),Set (06-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing the responses to these questions. I have never really known much about the LGBT community although I have always been accepting and non-judgemental to anything they wish to improve their lives and integrate to a more accepting community.
    I second this 100%. Also, Misha, you totally have 666 thanks. How evil. ;D
    Edit: and mentioned in 333 posts. umm...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    I second this 100%. Also, Misha, you totally have 666 thanks. How evil. ;D
    Edit: and mentioned in 333 posts. umm...
    I stopped liking anything at 666 and that's cool that I'm mentioned 333 times LOL illuminati confirmed