Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your opinions on the transsexual bathroom debate?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Lightbulb What are your opinions on the transsexual bathroom debate?

This is such a huge issue lately.

What are your opinions on the transgender bathroom debate? Do you think you should use the restroom depending on the gender you were born with or the gender you identify with?

Why or why not?
    Last edited by Banannie; 05-29-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I don't even understand why this is such a huge debate. Use the restroom you yourself identify YOU as. I don't really care what your using to pee out of in your stall... Everyone pees why is this a hard concept. D:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is it spooky season yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    We have all been sharing bathrooms with LGBTQ persons for a very long time. It is only now that it is in the spotlight that people suddenly "care". It is not some big grandiose problem or issue it is a problem because people want to make it a problem. Just close the stall door when you go to the bathroom if one is so paranoid.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (06-22-2016),Raposa (05-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonQueen View Post
    I don't even understand why this is such a huge debate. Use the restroom you yourself identify YOU as. I don't really care what your using to pee out of in your stall... Everyone pees why is this a hard concept. D:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Because when there are more important problems - political and otherwise - going on in the world, it's easier to pick on a very misunderstood and marginalized group in our society and castigate them for non issues as a way to distract from people paying attention to what the 'real' issues are.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    63d 15h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    transsexual =/= transgender, please use transgender when talking about trans people! ((you need an account to see links), basically "transsexual" implies that you've undergone hormone replacement therapy or had surgery, which not all transgender people have access to or want to go through.)

everyone deserves the right to pee, i assure you trans people are far more likely to be the ones who get harassed in bathrooms than being the harasser.
    Last edited by hissi; 05-29-2016 at 09:52 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hissi For This Useful Post:

Banannie (05-29-2016),Lazuli (06-25-2016),Lincoln (06-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Personally, having spent time between Sweden and the US, I'm all for gender neutral bathrooms. I don't really see how people use the argument of child abduction against it. Why are you letting your child go into a shady bathroom alone anyway? Plus, every gender neutral bathroom I've been in has been 200x cleaner than the opposite, safe, and well-lit. As for rape, people act like rapists aren't going to follow you into a restroom regardless. They do not care if it's the "woman's room" lol.

All the focus on this issue lately has made it unsafe for trans individuals imo, to simply use the bathroom they identify as. I unfortunately feel like this has made them vulnerable to a lot of hateful assault by ignorant idiots. Pretty sure there was an article somewhere (too lazy to find) of someone getting assaulted because a woman ASSUMED they were trans (they weren't)! This is why I feel like gender nuetral is the way to go. This way, they aren't feeling "different" from the rest.

What frustrates me the most are "feminists" (I put sarcastic quotations because I wouldn't consider these type [I]true/I] feminists) try and argue that this is unfair or dangerous for women. Yet, they're failing to include all the trans women who have been at risk (and continue to be at risk) because of this issue everyday. Do only CIS women matter??

This issue gets me heated

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:

hissi (05-29-2016),Lincoln (06-25-2016)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    18d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Trans folk have been using the bathroom of their choice for years. You've probably shared one with a transgender and never even noticed it. Stalls are a thing, after all.

I think we should be focusing more on proper disabled restrooms, so that the incontinent do not have to be changed on the filthy bathroom floor, and other things like that. Some places accommodate well, but most do not and it really saddens me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    We have all been sharing bathrooms with LGBTQ persons for a very long time. It is only now that it is in the spotlight that people suddenly "care". It is not some big grandiose problem or issue it is a problem because people want to make it a problem. Just close the stall door when you go to the bathroom if one is so paranoid.
    Exactly what I was thinking!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    transsexual =/= transgender, please use transgender when talking about trans people! ((you need an account to see links), basically "transsexual" implies that you've undergone hormone replacement therapy or had surgery, which not all transgender people have access to or want to go through.)

everyone deserves the right to pee, i assure you trans people are far more likely to be the ones who get harassed in bathrooms than being the harasser.
    Cool! Thanks for letting me know that!! I'll read up on that a little later tonight.

Idk how to change the thread title, but the content is changed.
    Last edited by Banannie; 05-29-2016 at 11:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

hissi (05-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The only argument I keep hearing from people against transgender people using their preferred bathroom is we're making it easier for paedophiles to harm children. I mean, if they're thinking about harming a child, they're gonna do it anyway, whether or not they're allowed to go into a certain bathroom or not. Even then, they would be charged for harming that child (or attempting to), not whether or not they were supposed to be in that bathroom. This law seems like it's only targeting transgender people unfairly. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

(⊃。�́‿�̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚Nique

"Shorten that to 20 words or less!"- Saitama

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saitama For This Useful Post:

hissi (05-30-2016),Raposa (05-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I agree, and I'm assuming a pedophile would try to blend in better, tbh.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-30-2016)