Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, could we make this a little easier for newbies?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Lightbulb Hello, could we make this a little easier for newbies?

Hi y'all! I'm loving the site and the community, just a tiny suggestion. :3 I keep having to go hunting for the (you need an account to see links) because it's not linked in either (you need an account to see links) or (you need an account to see links), and it's buried all the way in the Spam section. (The (you need an account to see links) is still linked in a lot of places.)

Same request for Reputation please? ((you need an account to see links) still linked, but (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) seem more relevant.) There's also this (you need an account to see links) at the top of Spam, for some reason. O.o

And overall, could we consolidate a lot of these types of "Welcome to cK" guides into either Intros or Rules so newbies don't have to forage around for them?
    For example, there are THREE different staff lists in three different sections (or rather, (you need an account to see links) + (you need an account to see links), and (you need an account to see links)). (you need an account to see links) would make more sense in the Help section, not General Discussion perhaps? (you need an account to see links) would make more sense at the top of Neo Trades, at this point, since it's no longer an announcement. The (you need an account to see links) would also make sense in Rules instead of Suggestions, but I suspect that you must have gotten tired of people asking for it, LOL.

Sorry to be nitpicky about such a minor thing, I get weird (coughOCDcough) about this stuff.
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

* Coming Soon!

(you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ariella For This Useful Post:

Alleria (05-28-2016),Foxglove (05-27-2016),hissi (05-28-2016),Maelstra (05-27-2016),Mama Bear (05-27-2016),notsober (07-31-2016),♥ Pam ♥ (05-28-2016),Sakuras (07-13-2016),Witchy1 (07-13-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    The userbar guide is stickied in (you need an account to see links), and how to give/receive rep points is in (you need an account to see links).
    I do think a lot of the stuff is stickied in weird places, too, though.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    An individual should be looking at the rules section as a first stop anyway. The rules and other important information are listed there along with reputation FAQs. If you dig and dig you will find links all over but if you go to the main spots all the info is there.

Spam section is also very popular so a sticky there for updated reputation is a good spot for it. Though maybe we should add another sticky post for rules.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'd agree that the important information is all over the place. As someone who was new not so long ago, I found it difficult.

There are too many places to have to check for some important information. There should be a consolidated place where all of this information lies and then there should be the same information in the area to which it applies.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Ariella (05-27-2016),Foxglove (05-27-2016),Raposa (08-28-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    @(you need an account to see links), I can try to get on this when I'm a little more time-rich, as I agree that there is outdated information around. That's why I did the new userbar one in the first place. Your post will be very helpful, as it identifies those old hyperlinks. If there were more things you identified, feel free to post or PM me with them. Once I get my baby born and settled, I can go back through and rectify.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Ariella (05-27-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    @(you need an account to see links), I can try to get on this when I'm a little more time-rich, as I agree that there is outdated information around. That's why I did the new userbar one in the first place. Your post will be very helpful, as it identifies those old hyperlinks. If there were more things you identified, feel free to post or PM me with them. Once I get my baby born and settled, I can go back through and rectify.
    Yay for babies! <3

I agree that Ariella made a very good point, and reminded me that I shouldn't assume this forum has the same rules as others I frequented in the past.
    (Also, thank you for linking all the posts I need to go read.)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thank you! No rush, just thought I'd share my newbie experience.

Oh man, I can jin up a whole list if you'd like, I wasn't even done yet playing sticky thread/forum tetris, bwahahaha.

* Coming Soon!

(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for this! I've been having a difficult time navigating too I'm used to ipb.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thanks Ariella. Very helpful links. I agree, as a newbie, I went to the rules first, but found that I really had to jump around to find necessary things. I think overall though the site is set up well. Things could be tweaked a little bit but, I love Clraik. The site and the community are extremely helpful.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Hello, could we make this a little easier for newbies?

Maybe just copy and paste and sticky the same newbie guide to spam, general and introduction treads so it won't be missed!!

All in one guide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk