Thread: HEY GUYS...can we PLEASE get TNT to ban pet value/tier guides?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m

Exclamation HEY GUYS...can we PLEASE get TNT to ban pet value/tier guides?

GOD THIS HAS GOTTEN SO OUT OF HAND
    I can't stand tiers anymore

They've RUINED the pound chat! BASICALLY what I think TNT should know:
    They are harmful to the site, they advise AGAINST user discretion, and are subject to the manipulation of the guide owners! Tier guides are RUINING the PC for many users.1) A pet is worth what you think it is worth! In fact it is AGAINST site policy to assign fiscal value to pets.
    2) tier guides are being referred to as "the law" and IN FACT discourage user discretion. They tell you what your pet is "worth" & what you can/can't trade for.
    3) the values found within these guides are 100% subject to user manipulation and owner bias, and thus are subject to FALSE inflation/deflation!
    5) "This site is supposed to be fun. Pets are for life, remember? Let's keep it that way!" - The Neopian Pound. PET VALUE GUIDES COMPLETELY RUIN THE FUN.
    4) NEOPETS =/= ITEMS. YOU CANNOT PUT A PRICE TAG ON A NEOPET. There is no Estimated Value anywhere on a Neopet's lookup! A PET IS A PET & CAN ONLY BE CREATED ONCE. Every pet is ONE OF A KIND! Guides disgrace this fact.

*** okay I know the above was horribly written but I was confined by a 1000 character max limit & just kept getting madder and more "idgaf about this shit" as I deleted/paraphrased over-and-over ** sudden realization: this is probably what it's like to be scrappy

anyway, MAYBE we can bring this matter to TNT's attention through the editorial?
    here's the link to submit something
    (you need an account to see links)

(You can submit up to 3x/week!!!)

end the tier terror reign
    Last edited by Forever; 04-08-2018 at 03:21 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Forever For This Useful Post:

Corliss (04-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    21d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Not sure if putting the content here will be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scripts:

Script Request Open: Wanted to have a script to save few steps and seconds of your life? PM me and let's see if I can help you out?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardscoot For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (04-08-2018),rio (04-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by richardscoot View Post
    Not sure if putting the content here will be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhh okay thank you, that makes sense!
    I kind of wanted to share the post with the public though, just to gauge how others felt in regards to the matter... xD or if they agreed with me or had other points to share!

I'm not sure. I guess I shouldn't advise people to directly copy/paste and submit what I've written...
    but maybe just link people, and tell them to give TNT their opinion too? lol

** You're right though, I updated the post. Thank you ^__^
    Last edited by Forever; 04-08-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    This just gave me heartburn.

1) No it's not. Different pets are harder to come by. nobody talks about fiscal value on-site; that's our job as the secondary market.

2) People taking Tier guides as the law are the issue here, not the guides themselves. If people treat the guides as the be-all end-all, that's up to them, it's their pet.

3) Most guides are done with user input, and quite a lot of it at that. They're no more (or less) subject to manipulation than any other community-driven aggregate.

5) Pets aren't for life. They haven't been since the inception of the Pound itself, and as long as it's possible to move pets between accounts, they never will be.

4) You absolutely can put a price tag on a pet. You can put a price tag on anything in the world, and chances are someone will be willing to buy it. Every pet is "one-of-a-kind" in the sense that you can't have two of the same named pet, but that really doesn't mean anything.

TL;DR: if you don't like Tier guides, don't trade on the PC, plain as. Or stick to those bullshit "no-Tier" boards, which are a front for people who want to offer pets they know are trash for pets they know are highly sought-after.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ehentalix For This Useful Post:

Brie (04-08-2018),Daviid (04-08-2018),Garchomp (04-08-2018),gooddoggo (04-08-2018),Grim Reaper (04-08-2018),j03 (04-08-2018),♥ lagrima ♥ (04-08-2018),Neonax (04-08-2018),Sweet Potato (04-08-2018),VultureRoxie (04-08-2018),Zorro (04-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think that people who have issues with the tier guides are just those who either don’t wanna spend the money on here to buy a high end pet or just salty.

If you disagree, no one’s stopping you from not trading on the PC (just trade here on the clraik UC board) but don’t expect everyone else to feel the same way cause a huge majority of people will follow guides regardless.

That’s like saying how bout you trade your legit UC RG Kyrii for someone else’s UC mutant buzz just cause “a pet is what you think it is worth”. Not gonna happen there mate. (kind far fetched I realise but hey, even trading the kyrii for a uc faerie shoy would probably be a ntyglt from me)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brie For This Useful Post:

Ehentalix (04-08-2018),Grim Reaper (04-08-2018),j03 (04-08-2018),Neonax (04-08-2018),Zorro (04-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Even if this happened it wouldn't change anything. People would still remember tiers, they'd probably still list them offsite and no one would downtrade their royals for a mutant anyway.
    Of course you can put a price on a pet. Do you think anyone here would suddenly sell you a plushie draik for 20 bucks because of a "no tiers" rule?
    Tiers exist because some pets are more popular/rare than others, it's just the way it is.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zorro For This Useful Post:

Brie (04-08-2018),Ehentalix (04-08-2018),Grim Reaper (04-08-2018),Neonax (04-08-2018),rabbitfires (04-08-2018),rio (04-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Tiers exist.
    Yeah sometimes those guide makers have manipulated values in the past but the main problem is the user base.
    The guide should be that, a guide. However we have people following it as a law for trading. They are the problem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Banning them won’t accomplish anything at this point anyway - most PCers know the value of their pets by heart and know what’s rarer and more common out there. You’ve missed the boat by like five years+

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think at this point the main thing that's made trading so restricted is availability. When UC pets were a dime a dozen, back in 2008, I remember a Draik trading for a 4-letter UC RG Kyrii. Now that Kyrii has been frozen, and it's been 10 years since then. The site has existed longer with converted pets than with UCs. You see people trading converted pets a lot more freely, and not concerned too much with worth, even giving away expensive color and species combinations.

The tiers are actually fairly accurate when it comes to popularity and scarcity of UCs. And people seem to ignore them just fine when it works out in their own favor. But really, unless TNT allows for the creation of UC pets again, the trading market will continue to winnow and be only accessible to fewer and fewer users. Ucs sold here don't really help the issue as many of those end up frozen if they're ever introduced into the trading pool.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Well, personally I think pet trading should not be a thing at all, and all pets (including UCs) should be possible to acquire in other ways. I don't like the value system and I don't like the mindset it put me in while I was a proper PCer. None of the pets I ever owned were enough, and that constant desire for something "better" every time I went on the PC drove me nuts. I bought the expensive UC I wanted multiple times to kill that mindset, but that was only once I realized it was even possible. If anything, I would happily go for a petition to ban pet trading altogether (although it would not be effective at all, TNT does not listen.)

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*