34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

60 Days In

Has anyone been watching this documentary? It is on A&E. It is one of the few shows that are actually interesting an even a bit suspenseful.

The premise is a Sheriff at Clark County Jail wants some Intel on how he can improve his corrections facility. It is very hard to get input from inmates as they lie, will not talk and so forth. So 7 innocent law abiding citizens are enlisted to become an 'inmate' for 60 days. 4 men and 3 women are all put into general population "pods" to get a sense of what life is like an an inmate and to gather Intel on how to improve the place. They watch for contriband, smuggling of items into the jail (sheriff wants to know how stuff is getting in), why fights begin, jail sex, etc. These people are of different careers like social worker, teacher, stay at home mom, and most importantly a cop.

It is a real interesting show to watch how the average citizen can handle, if they can at all, life as an inmate. The staff at the jail do not know these people are moles, only the sheriff knows. This keeps things very real, the participants are treated like any other inmate. The participants only know 1 or 2 other people that are in the program so to prevent any sort of suspicion or working together.

Last edited by Sci_Girl; 05-14-2016 at 12:59 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Sugar Rush (05-14-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Has anyone been watching this documentary? It is on A&E. It is one of the few shows that are actually interesting an even a bit suspenseful.

The premise is a Sheriff at Clark County Jail wants some Intel on how he can improve his corrections facility. It is very hard to get input from inmates as they lie, will not talk and so forth. So 7 innocent law abiding citizens are enlisted to become an 'inmate' for 60 days. 4 men and 3 women are all put into general population "pods" to get a sense of what life is like an an inmate and to gather Intel on how to improve the place. They watch for contriband, smuggling of items into the jail (sheriff wants to know how stuff is getting in), why fights begin, jail sex, etc. These people are of different careers like social worker, teacher, stay at home mom, and most importantly a cop.

It is a real interesting show to watch how the average citizen can handle, if they can at all, life as an inmate. The staff at the jail do not know these people are moles, only the sheriff knows. This keeps things very real, the participants are treated like any other inmate. The participants only only 1 or 2 other people that are in the program so to prevent any sort of suspicion.

Me and the lady are hooked to this show. I really hate how this past Thursday instead of a full length episode all they did was provide the 15 minute sneak peak @_@

It's pretty interesting, I've been in a general population pod for a day or two when I got locked up for public intoxication and it was no fun!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Those sneak peaks are annoying, they work though because after I do one of those bahhhh keep going! Reactions.

I think the next episode is the finale when everyone gets removed. Though I wonder if Tami will remain even longer

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Those sneak peaks are annoying, they work though because after I do one of those bahhhh keep going! Reactions.

I think the next episode is the finale when everyone gets removed. Though I wonder if Tami will remain even longer
    Tami she is a little bit off to me mentally. I understand she went thru some hard times as a child being in and out of foster homes but I honestly believe this program is doing her mental state more harm than good. I think she will choose to leave next episode. Besides nothing is really going on in F-pod besides the smuggling of drugs so she's got all the info she really needs. Not to mention she really doesn't mingle with anyone besides Barbara. I think her time there is done.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Tami's issue is that she is a cop. She wants nothing more than to run her mouth and apply her authority to the criminals because that is what she knows. Then she is told no you cannot be a cop, act like a cop, say things like a cop would and so forth. So it eats her up inside which I understand. But she is risking a possible beat down or the program itself by her mental breakdowns.

I have a feeling they are going to let her out last. The COs are onto her which will cause them to behave differently, that is not the intent of the program. Everything needs to remain as though everyone in there is a tried and true criminal. Tami is just letting her emotions run wild.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Sounds interesting, I'm going to check it out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Tami's issue is that she is a cop. She wants nothing more than to run her mouth and apply her authority to the criminals because that is what she knows. Then she is told no you cannot be a cop, act like a cop, say things like a cop would and so forth. So it eats her up inside which I understand. But she is risking a possible beat down or the program itself by her mental breakdowns.

I have a feeling they are going to let her out last. The COs are onto her which will cause them to behave differently, that is not the intent of the program. Everything needs to remain as though everyone in there is a tried and true criminal. Tami is just letting her emotions run wild.
    True true, nonetheless I'm very curious how things will end up with Isaiah since he's falling into the peer pressure. D-pod is a pretty rough place.