30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m

Environmental Sciences multiple choice

So I have a few questions that are on my /final/ that I need some help with.
    Currently I have answers for all the questions but I wanted to see if anybody would be able to look over them and let me know if you think I slipped up somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just that you think I got them all correct.

--Side Note, this is due tomorrow at midnight--
    I'm all done with all of the crazy essays and just wanted to post this up to check before I submit.

DELETED, ALL DONE! THANK YOUU
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 05-08-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    All of these answers appear to be correct.

Looking at them at first, all of the answers make sense.
    Given that I've never taken the subject, I did some research to get a better understanding of the questions and possible answers, as well as any terminology.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wafflez For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I would change #3 to C. Reason being increased absorption of CO2 into the ocean creates carbonic acid, enough of that added to the water and the ocean acidity increases...a pH decrease . That question says an increase in pH, that is not anticipated if CO2 is absorbed. Further, in A crop production can certainly increase but that does not mean all species of crop plants will increase yields. Many crops need time to mature their seeds for full production yield, ie. Corn.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I would change #3 to C. Reason being increased absorption of CO2 into the ocean creates carbonic acid, enough of that added to the water and the ocean acidity increases...a pH decrease . That question says an increase in pH, that is not anticipated if CO2 is absorbed. Further, in A crop production can certainly increase but that does not mean all species of crop plants will increase yields. Many crops need time to mature their seeds for full production yield, ie. Corn.
    That's one that I was a little confused on. Some of the wording in these questions is stupid. I don't think they should be purposely trying to trick you up on with the way they word the answer choices. grrrr
    I was going between A or C for #3. Your explanation makes sense to me, I'll have to look into it a little bit more.

The other one I wasn't sure of was #6. I think I've got the right idea down but I couldnt find anything related to that concept in our text and we never discussed it during class so I went with the one that seemed to make the most sense.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Yeah the wording has me a bit confused too. Increase in CO2 absoprtion will decrease pH. But oceans will begin to reduce their absorption ability over time, thus increasing pH. Both of those answers are typically in Enviro texts. Then production is entirely subjective. Crops do not behave the same. The writer seems to believe they are, at least for that question.

#6 I would leave as C. Total productivity relates to gross primary productivity, the biomass produced by autotrophs.

The rest of the questions are fine.

Maybe you can send an email to the prof once you submit asking to clarify question 3. If you mention that, to you, A and C have merit and you just want to know how you should go about that question.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 05-08-2016 at 09:12 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That's one that I was a little confused on. Some of the wording in these questions is stupid. I don't think they should be purposely trying to trick you up on with the way they word the answer choices. grrrr
    I was going between A or C for #3. Your explanation makes sense to me, I'll have to look into it a little bit more.

The other one I wasn't sure of was #6. I think I've got the right idea down but I couldnt find anything related to that concept in our text and we never discussed it during class so I went with the one that seemed to make the most sense.
    Besides the issue with #3, they all look good to me..including 6. Total productivity refers to the generation of biomass (at a certain rate), which you chose
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    I appreciate all the help everyone!
    Finished up with 2 of 4 classes. About to save the stuff for this class and make it 3 of 4.
    Been a very rough week here for me so I'm hoping to get done and be able to relax with family today to take my mind off things x.x