DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Honestly, if you're trying to get fit. It's already too late. Take preventative measures so that you're not at the state. What motivates me is that honestly, in the long run, you WILL be old and decrepited with hella health problems. So take care of your body NOW. it's a temple. Or else you'll be old, needing knee surgery, back surgery, etc.. It sucks, I've seen it at work when I do those fogey's nails.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I mean, I was always a bigger girl too. The skinniest I've ever been when when I was working 10 hour days 5 days a week at a nail salon. It was always busy so I had to help clients and didn't have time to eat. When I got home, I just went to bed from being too tired and would do it again the next day. It's actually not too bad. By the third day, your body uses reserve fat? Idk but you get a surge of energy.

Another example is my neighbor's sister. She's about 40, works as a hostess at Macayos? Anyways, they're short staffed so she busses tables too when it gets really busy. She's lost A LOT of weight.

So what I'm trying to say is, it's your life-style aka job that will make or break you.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoey95 View Post
    With all this motivation in mind, be sure not to overload yourself. Feeling out of breath or short of fainting/throwing up is something I've been through before and honestly, it does suck. But you get over it after a few weeks once you get in shape.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by hachikoesque View Post
    I get anxiety from the gym too!! but I have confident friends who I go with and they boost my self-esteem. Maybe that'll help for you too? I feel really awkward and nervous when I'm by myself because I don't know how to do anything LOL. When I go with my confident friends (they don't have to be super athletic! They just have to know how to exercise safely) I feel less anxiety and I end up pushing myself even harder to keep up with them so they don't know I'm a secret weakling.
    If this doesn't work for you, I really enjoy jogging outside and yoga indoors. Yoga stretches your body at the same time and I really helps with any back pains associated with sitting in front of a computer all day. You can add weight training with a dumbbell or medicine ball during/afterwards.

About motivation: I also get demotivated relatively quickly, but like @(you need an account to see links) said, having a friend to bug you about working out is a great motivator!! Start with whatever is comfortable with you. Just do it. If you want to quit after 10 minutes, quit. But you need to start building the habit of regularly exercising; eventually 10 minutes will grow into 15...etc. (when I first started I could only run for 10 minutes before I quit)

About Diet: I gained a lot of weight from college and realized that it was from eating late at night and/or eating fast food. Of course, you don't have to apply any of these to your life, but I'm going to say at least 20 lbs from my weight loss came from just changing my diet.
    Things I did: 1) No eating past 8:00pm. If this means you have to go to bed hungry, that's what you have to do (but you can eat if you really have to. It was just my personal punishment for breaking it frivolously, not tryna starve myself)
    2) Completely cut out soda from my diet. Stopped drinking beer, switched to harder alcohols (if you drink), cut out fast food consumption by 50%. Meal prepping really helps here.
    3) Tried to incorporate vegetables into everything I ate. For example: I always make a green smoothie with kale, spinach, fruits, etc. every morning with my breakfast so I could get vegetables starting from when I woke up.
    4) Drank wayyy more water. I'm below average in this, I drank like 5 cups of water a day when I think you're supposed to drink 8. I'm always dehydrated haha.

Seriously though, these things (without working out too hard, I think like 2x-3x a week) helped me lose a ton of weight, improve my complextion, blah blah. But the key idea here with weight loss is persistence. If you set a rule, you have to follow it. If you want more info, feel free to pm me!! Good luck!!!!!!!!
    *****These are just my opinions from my personal experiences. I recently was overweight and lost 25lbs from doing these things, which may or may not be correct.
    I have to agree with this. I'm currently in the process of cutting soda out of my diet completely (I have a soft spot for diet coke I won't lie), but I've done most of your bullets as well and I'm starting to see such improvement. I try to get to the gym 3x a week, but that gets hard because work exhausts me.

I have stuck to my diet constrictions though. I hardly ever get fast food anymore and I cook every single night. It's definitely easy once you get on a routine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousj View Post
    I have to agree with this. I'm currently in the process of cutting soda out of my diet completely (I have a soft spot for diet coke I won't lie), but I've done most of your bullets as well and I'm starting to see such improvement. I try to get to the gym 3x a week, but that gets hard because work exhausts me.

I have stuck to my diet constrictions though. I hardly ever get fast food anymore and I cook every single night. It's definitely easy once you get on a routine.
    That's great! I'm glad that my bullet points are helping you (: I hope we can keep each other motivated in the future!
    Another tip that I found works for me recently: Instead of using a scale to weigh myself, I've been taking before/after photos while wearing the same clothing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm also struggling to get fit and lose weight... I just find between a full time job, a part time job, eating, and sleeping, its so very difficult to get out to the gym. I also have moderate (sometimes severe) back pain due to scoliosis and often fail to keep myself motivated for any length of time. I try to work out in some way every day, but I'll often only do so for a week and a half before its too much and then I find myself going another week or so without exercising at all...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    14d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by EdenQueen View Post
    I'm also struggling to get fit and lose weight... I just find between a full time job, a part time job, eating, and sleeping, its so very difficult to get out to the gym. I also have moderate (sometimes severe) back pain due to scoliosis and often fail to keep myself motivated for any length of time. I try to work out in some way every day, but I'll often only do so for a week and a half before its too much and then I find myself going another week or so without exercising at all...
    You can do it! Like what was said before in the previous posts, don't sweat going to the gym/working out too much. It's all about diet and what you're eating. As for motivation, what got me motivated was actually my low self-esteem. I hated being insecure about my weight so I decided that, while it's a slow process, it's something that could inevitably be done. All I ever did was run 3-5 days a week and eat a low amount of calories. I lost 35 lbs my first semester of uni. ;v; Good luck!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pachirisu For This Useful Post:

EdenQueen (06-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I jut read through all these posts. I too need motivation. It's so hard to get started.. but a lot of my friends say that once you get into routine and stuff it'll be easier. But bah!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    29d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    I jut read through all these posts. I too need motivation. It's so hard to get started.. but a lot of my friends say that once you get into routine and stuff it'll be easier. But bah!
    The endorphins that get released after hard workouts become addicting. You feel so good after you go hard.

The main thing for me was fixing my diet, a lot of people look at things like 'diet and exercise'

Which is like saying all exercise is the same which it isn't, and which is looking at a diet like a temporary thing for a temporary result. (i will diet for 5 weeks to lose 5 lbs and then go back to how I do things now) Which will of course bring you right back to where you are now after some time.

So a better way to view things is 'Nutrition and Training'

For me personally I have always enjoyed the Training aspect but I could never get my Nutrition down. But I had a lot of free time this winter and taught myself how to cook and prepare the kinds of meals I could eat for a lifetime (im down almost 30 pounds and sitting at about 12% bodyfat now, another few weeks and I'll start bulking). Switching how you eat needs to be about a LIFESTYLE change and not just doing whatever nasty shit you think will get you down a few pounds.
    If you find a way of eating that is healthy and will bring you where you want to be, then make sure its something you enjoy and can do for long-term. There are cool pages you can follow on facebook that help for women like bodyrocktv
    that give great meal information and training information, and shes on there every day trying to motivate.

Anyways I wish you luck